By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screenshot comparison --> Bayonetta Xbox 360 / PS3

These threads need to die

Looks bad on both. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it.

Around the Network

I know which version I'm getting: Neither! I don't have time for games that aren't AAA.

Videos comparison :

Playstation 3:
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_demo_by_djmizuhara_part_1-13249_en.html

Xbox 360:
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_bayonetta_360_demo_part_2-13270_en.html

Game looks great, can't wait. Best action game of the generation I hope.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well you can see the differences in the rock and street and such. Shame that Platinum Games got lazy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'd give the advantage to the 360 on this one

outlawauron said:
Well you can see the differences in the rock and street and such. Shame that Platinum Games got lazy.

A couple of things. I'm not sure Platinum even did the PS3 port. I heard they outsourced it?

Next, it's complete ignorance to claim that a PS3 port is a result of "laziness." First, there have been many many other games that look worse on the PS3, which aren't the result of laziness. Instead, often, cost vs time is the reason. When a game isn't developed on the PS3 first, it's very hard to port over, and often times, it is a non-profitable proposition. Secondly, it's just an simplistic generalization that people tell themselves so they can explain something that has a large number of factors, most of which directly fault the PS3 architecture moreso than the developers willingness to work.

Was Valve lazy, with The Orange Box?

Nope, they just didn't, and don't respect the PS3 enough to give a shit.

There are a lot more obvious reasons behind the hundreds of inferior PS3 ports, besides "laziness" which probably isn't the reason behind a single f'n one of them....so yeah.

Saying things like "the developers must be lazy" is lazy posting, and lazy thinking, and you should put more thought behind your non-thought-out posts, because if you did, you would realize that what you're saying is very likely untrue.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:

A couple of things. I'm not sure Platinum even did the PS3 port. I heard they outsourced it?

Next, it's complete ignorance to claim that a PS3 port is a result of "laziness." First, there have been many many other games that look worse on the PS3, which aren't the result of laziness. Instead, often, cost vs time is the reason. When a game isn't developed on the PS3 first, it's very hard to port over, and often times, it is a non-profitable proposition. Secondly, it's just an simplistic generalization that people tell themselves so they can explain something that has a large number of factors, most of which directly fault the PS3 architecture moreso than the developers willingness to work.

Was Valve lazy, with The Orange Box?

Nope, they just didn't, and don't respect the PS3 enough to give a shit.

There are a lot more obvious reasons behind the hundreds of inferior PS3 ports, besides "laziness" which probably isn't the reason behind a single f'n one of them....so yeah.

Saying things like "the developers must be lazy" is lazy posting, and lazy thinking, and you should put more thought behind your non-thought-out posts, because if you did, you would realize that what you're saying is very likely untrue.

Yes, they outsourced it. Not doing both versions is just lazy.

Yes, Valve did not want to do the PS3 version, why? They didn't like to platform or just didn't want to deal with it.

I'll call nearly every developer lazy if they don't mutliplatform very similar. I understand that most games will have subtle differences, but this is just stupid.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the game looks pretty action-packed from the trailers I've seen, so they probably can't push the graphics to the limits...still, I don't think the game is bad looking from the trailers I've seen. If anything it looks good and very stylish.

I was worried that bayonetta would end up being a better game than god of war 3, like dead space ended up being better than RE5 but it looks like god of war 3 will hold onto it's mantle piece. Hopefully, anyway lol.

outlawauron said:

Yes, they outsourced it. Not doing both versions is just lazy.

Yes, Valve did not want to do the PS3 version, why? They didn't like to platform or just didn't want to deal with it.

I'll call nearly every developer lazy if they don't mutliplatform very similar. I understand that most games will have subtle differences, but this is just stupid.

Bogus dude. If you're going to call someone lazy, it implies that their work is lazy, not their business decisions. If you meant that, you should have explained.

Also, since when is making money considered lazy? I think this decision was obviously done in order to get the game out quicker, so it could make money, and perhaps a profit, instead of being strangled financially by a mired and slow development process.

This decision was obviously made due to the efficiency of having two teams working at once in order to meet a release date, which is already late. If this PS3 version suffered for it, then it suffered in order to obtain profit, not because Platinum just didn't feel like doing it, or whatever you've implied.

Come ON bro. You can't use such simplistic logic as "lazy" to describe things that you haven't thought out, like this.

I hate to single you out, but yours was just the first post that was new enough to talk about. It's not only insultive and unfair, it's deceptive and factually incorrect, and you already know it.

If you mean something that isn't what you've obviously implied, then you have to explain it from now on, or it reflects poorly on you.

Let's just drop it, honestly.

NO NO, NO NO NO.