By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 preliminary TV ads.

Around the Network

good ads
ms will market this game big time
but i dont think it will hit more than 2,5 million lifetime

ElectronicRocker said:
good ads
ms will market this game big time
but i dont think it will hit more than 2,5 million lifetime

Forza 2 is over 4 million.

Forza 3 will do 5-6 million Lifetime.

^^^
um..no
Forza 2 was BUNDLED WITH VIVA PINATA FOR EVERY ARCADE SOLD !
3.5 million MAX. (unless they bundle it again)
btw, these are japan ads right ?

I think it's time you stop making a Forza topic for all these different topics containing Forza information. You have the official Forza 3 thread, use it.

Around the Network
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
^^^
um..no
Forza 2 was BUNDLED WITH VIVA PINATA FOR EVERY ARCADE SOLD !
3.5 million MAX. (unless they bundle it again)
btw, these are japan ads right ?

Um no it wasn't. Forza 2 got bundled for 2 months. With the pro. Officially. Everything else was store done. Every game gets store bundles. Uncharted 1 has been store bundled for nearly 12 months in UK. As has Halo 3.

@selnor
From Wiki :
"In Holiday 2007, Xbox 360 Pro and Elite packages were bundled with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. In the UK and the Netherlands, Forza Motorsport 2 was bundled with Viva Piñata." - 500k+ sales there. Maybe even more with bundles in AU and NZ.
Hence 4 million - 500k = 3.5 million lifetime.

Those crazy Japanese sure love their drifting :P

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@selnor
From Wiki :
"In Holiday 2007, Xbox 360 Pro and Elite packages were bundled with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. In the UK and the Netherlands, Forza Motorsport 2 was bundled with Viva Piñata." - 500k+ sales there. Maybe even more with bundles in AU and NZ.
Hence 4 million - 500k = 3.5 million lifetime.

Yeah but you have to take into mind that the install base in 2007 was a lot lower than it is now in 2009 and the price of the 360 is much lower. I'm not saying you're wrong nor am I predicting a number but there are a handful of other factors you have to put into play.

forza 2 was bundled like crazy

the first did 2,5 million in us lifetime and forza 3 doesnt even have more than 100k preorders in us
for comparsion:
uncharted had 1 million in us lifetime and the second has 250k preorders as of now

Forza 2 even got outsold by GT5:P
despite F2 (as said above) was bundled like crazy in 2007

F3 wont even make 3 million