By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 preliminary TV ads.

KillerMan said:
selnor said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
selnor said:
KillerMan said:
selnor said:
^^^
um..no
Forza 2 was BUNDLED WITH VIVA PINATA FOR EVERY ARCADE SOLD !
3.5 million MAX. (unless they bundle it again)
btw, these are japan ads right ?

Um no it wasn't. Forza 2 got bundled for 2 months. With the pro. Officially. Everything else was store done. Every game gets store bundles. Uncharted 1 has been store bundled for nearly 12 months in UK. As has Halo 3.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=®2=All&game2=®3=All&game3=Forza+Motorsport+2+-+X360&weeks=147

I think that this tells more than enough.

LOL.... it moved about 2 million bundled copies !

Forza 2 Week 10 worldwide - 20k , 7k america ,

how the hell can forza 3 sell 5-6 million unless it is bundled ?

Check this out:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue+-+PS3®2=All&game2=®3=All&game3=Forza+Motorsport+2+-+X360&weeks=147

GT5P out in Japan, sales paltry. Look at the spike when EU bundle is released on release day. The the next spike is the Japan bundle with 80gb PS3. Take out the bundles for GT5P and it only just makes 1 million copies without bundles.

Get your facts straight ! those spikes are from American and EU release of GT5P...it wasnt a simultaneous WW release ! LOL. Please read my previous comment for even more PWNAGE.

My facts are straight. The 2nd spike is exactly when the relase of the GT5P bundle cam out in Japan. Both games were bundled. But GT5P was bundled from release in it's biggest market. EU. Sony did the same with GT3 A Spec in EU. It was released in a bundle. Forza 2 has spent less time bundled than GT5P has. I think GT5 sales not being that high is gonna shock alot of people.

Forza 2 was bundled almost with every Pro sku sold in America and Europe during 2007 holidays. GT5P was bundled with some PS3's during its launch in Europe. That is huge difference. I agree that GT5P was heavily bundled in Japan during 2008 holidays but it sold something like ~300k.

If by some you mean one sku then yeah. But that Sku sold out every time there was stock. That first spike directly relates to EU release. Of course some EU copies were bought alone. But PS3 had a massive spike in EU on GT5P release for Europe. That directly points to PS3 + GT5P 40gb bundle. 

Around the Network

yay another Forza thread with ps3 fanboys coming in to discuss GT lol....

ElectronicRocker said:
forza 2 was bundled like crazy

the first did 2,5 million in us lifetime and forza 3 doesnt even have more than 100k preorders in us
for comparsion:
uncharted had 1 million in us lifetime and the second has 250k preorders as of now

Forza 2 even got outsold by GT5:P
despite F2 (as said above) was bundled like crazy in 2007

F3 wont even make 3 million

hm?

Forza Motorsport 3 X360        127,004     12,099 4

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5435&mp=1

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

selnor said:
KillerMan said:
selnor said:
selnor said:
KillerMan said:
selnor said:
^^^
um..no

Um no it wasn't. Forza 2 got bundled for 2 months. With the pro. Officially. Everything else was store done. Every game gets store bundles. Uncharted 1 has been store bundled for nearly 12 months in UK. As has Halo 3.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=®2=All&game2=®3=All&game3=Forza+Motorsport+2+-+X360&weeks=147

Check this out:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue+-+PS3®2=All&game2=®3=All&game3=Forza+Motorsport+2+-+X360&weeks=147

GT5P out in Japan, sales paltry. Look at the spike when EU bundle is released on release day. The the next spike is the Japan bundle with 80gb PS3. Take out the bundles for GT5P and it only just makes 1 million copies without bundles.

Get your facts straight ! those spikes are from American and EU release of GT5P...it wasnt a simultaneous WW release ! LOL. Please read my previous comment for even more PWNAGE.

My facts are straight. The 2nd spike is exactly when the relase of the GT5P bundle cam out in Japan. Both games were bundled. But GT5P was bundled from release in it's biggest market. EU. Sony did the same with GT3 A Spec in EU. It was released in a bundle. Forza 2 has spent less time bundled than GT5P has. I think GT5 sales not being that high is gonna shock alot of people.

Forza 2 was bundled almost with every Pro sku sold in America and Europe during 2007 holidays. GT5P was bundled with some PS3's during its launch in Europe. That is huge difference. I agree that GT5P was heavily bundled in Japan during 2008 holidays but it sold something like ~300k.

If by some you mean one sku then yeah. But that Sku sold out every time there was stock. That first spike directly relates to EU release. Of course some EU copies were bought alone. But PS3 had a massive spike in EU on GT5P release for Europe. That directly points to PS3 + GT5P 40gb bundle. 

Sigh...

First spike - 15 weeks after Japan release. = EU + US release ----> Sold 1.4 million copies in 10 weeks (A lot of it is not bundled). Not every PS3 was bundled with Prologue..

Second Spike - JP bundle had an effect along with GT5P going Platinum in EU ! Sold 600k there.

So i presume that 500k out of the GT5P sales were bundles (which may be oversetimate) ... 4m - 500k = 3.5m

Forza 2 on the other hand was significantly more helped out by bundling ! atleast 1.5 m were bundles (that is low balling it)..

We are talking about a game that sold only 7k in america in its 10th week and went on to sell 2.5 m in the region !

Forza 3 WILL NOT make it to 5 million... It might make it to 3.5 max. 

selnor said:
KillerMan said:
selnor said:
selnor said:
KillerMan said:
selnor said:
^^^
um..no

Check this out:

Sigh...

First spike - 15 weeks after Japan release. = EU + US release ----> Sold 1.4 million copies in 10 weeks (A lot of it is not bundled). Not every PS3 was bundled with Prologue..

Second Spike - JP bundle had an effect along with GT5P going Platinum in EU ! Sold 600k there.

So i presume that 500k out of the GT5P sales were bundles (which may be oversetimate) ... 4m - 500k = 3.5m

Forza 2 on the other hand was significantly more helped out by bundling ! atleast 1.5 m were bundles (that is low balling it)..

We are talking about a game that sold only 7k in america in its 10th week and went on to sell 2.5 m in the region !

Forza 3 WILL NOT make it to 5 million... It might make it to 3.5 max. 

Yiu have just said everything I said. The only difference being you dont think the bundles in EU count for many sales. Where I definately without a doubt believe all EU releases sales well about 80% were all PS3 + GT5P copies. They sold so much on release. Hence the spike so quickly.

Around the Network

EU is the most popular region for GT ! 80% of 1.8 million is 1.44 million, according to your logic only 360k copies were standalone copies of the game..making EU the worst territory for GT.
End this now.

Oh god why cant an MS game thread ever be about the game and not be hijacked by sony fans.

And they claim we are always in their threads causing trouble not them.
Funny how being bundled means you cant count them as sales when its for the 360 and yet to bring up bundling with regards to a PS3 game sales and it's only a tiny portion of the sales.

Either sony are bringing out completely new bundles every other week or PS3 owners don't like deals and would rather pay the same price for a console without a free game.

4 mil whether bundled or not means 4 mil people played the game so 4 mil potential buyers. It also means 4 mil sold. If someone says Uncharted sold 2.5 mil I don't think "yeah but 1 mil was bundled so it only sold 1.5 mil" I think "It sold 2.5 mil" and leave it at that.

Either we take bundled sales out of the sales of all games including Uncharted and GT or sony fans get out of damage control mode and let us speculate peacefully what we think.

@MetalGearSolid_4ever

I hope for your sake that these GT5 fans of yours have the patience of Jobe otherwise you might find a lot of them already have a cheap Xbox and are eagerly awaiting the best sim racer released on a console to date.

Reading these threads you could be forgiven for thinking GT5 was already in the hands of the fans. They already know how brilliant it is, hell they can even tell it is better than FM3 without even playing either game.

Lets step back from the threads guys this constant bashing or putting down is really getting to be tiring now.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I did not mention GT5 even once in this thread. It started with a comment by selnor saying that FM3 will sell 6 million.

its bad enough this game is even real, let alone you making all these threads lol
nah im sure the game will be great