By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's with all the GTA IV hate?

It's not a horrible game but it did not live up to the hype/reviews.

I would not consider this as one of the most highest rated games of all time, no way in hell. I'd give it a 9/10 but thats it.

It's kind of boring as well, it get's a little repetitive. Also it's missing a lot of elements that San Andreas had.

Around the Network

I played GTA SA

thats why i hated GTA 4

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

It is one of the best games ever, of course it gets hate. Also it gets a lot of hate from the people who did not get the game on their favourite platform.

I thought the presentation was outstanding, and I really like the character...he was just an average Joe, trying to make his way. I've yet to play Lost and Damned, but Gay Tony looks to be excellent. I've still gotta go back and Finish up GTA 4, but it shouldn't take me long (I tended to roam ALOT in GTA 4...ALOT!). Overall...I tohught the game was excellent, and easily one of the best sandbox games ever. Did I mention that I'm stoked about Gay Tony...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The game got perfect scores from everybody on the internet when it came out in April, with reviewers foaming at the mouth about how it's better than Mario Galaxy and Ocarina of Time.  But then in December, almost nobody remembered to call it the game of the year.  This is confusing for GTA fans when the game lacks half the features its predecessor did, with a world half the size of San Andreas.  Fans of the series have always expected shitty graphics, shitty physics, and tons of features, and what they got was amazing graphics, amazing physics, and half the features.  It's like getting an HD Mario game without goombas and backflips.

So this game in particular is the most damning evidence that the majority of game reviewers don't take their jobs seriously.  They're not actually critics, but are an extension of the advertising machine.

Or in short:

nen-suer said:
I played GTA SA

thats why i hated GTA 4

Around the Network

Errr...Somehow, I'm starting to not take most of these compliants seriously...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Because it is not deserving of the praise it received and that they're are better sandbox games out there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't hate it at all. I just wish the next GTA will be better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

outlawauron said:
Because it is not deserving of the praise it received and that they're are better sandbox games out there.

Like what?

GTA San Andreas, Saints Row 2, ScarFace: The world is Yours