By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dorbin2009 said:
It's still way too early to predict the meta. Most of the high tiered review sites love the game, and that's enough for me.

By the way, it isn't "unprofessional" for IGN to refer to GT5 in their review, since that is the 800 pound gorilla in the room anyway. I'd rather they bring it up than leave it for the fanboys to duke it out by citing their own interpretations. Forza 3 is a great game, and a defining racing game of this decade, deal with it.

Exactly. Agreed.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network
Gh0st4lifE said:
Carl2291 said:
I find it disturbing that in IGN's review the first 3 words are "Sony's Gran Turismo"

Anyway, seem's to be getting good reviews so far, should end up low 90's like i predicted.

What I personnally find disturbing is that the Forza series is still considered by PS fans as a GT contender.

Sales-wise Forza is already catching up, and quality-wise, well, according to metacritcs, it got ahead GTs since its' very first iteration.

Turn10 did an amazing job, and fanboyism shouldn't stand in its way anymore. They deserve their crown.

Sales wise 2 million is catching up to 10 million? O.o Forza 2 quickly died down in sales and became a forced bundle globally in '07. It would have never made it past 3 million without them.

Gh0st4lifE said:
Carl2291 said:
I find it disturbing that in IGN's review the first 3 words are "Sony's Gran Turismo"

Anyway, seem's to be getting good reviews so far, should end up low 90's like i predicted.

What I personnally find disturbing is that the Forza series is still considered by PS fans as a GT contender.

Sales-wise Forza is already catching up, and quality-wise, well, according to metacritcs, it got ahead GTs since its' very first iteration.

Turn10 did an amazing job, and fanboyism shouldn't stand in its way anymore. They deserve their crown.

It is considered by practically everyone as a contender, that is why it's even getting mentioned in reviews for the game. That is why Turn 10 themselves have had a bunch of stuff to say about GT.

Sales-wise, maybe... We will soon see. Quality-wise, once again... Maybe, we will soon see when this gens GT releases.

Red- Can't argue with that.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Why do you find it "disturbing"?   I can only suggest a lighter approach to life.... especially gaming.

It's a review about an Xbox 360 game... Forza 3. No need in mentioning a rival game from a rival console for the first words.

To mention "Sony's Gran Turismo" as the first 3 words kinda makes it sound like it's being reviewed against a GT game, not as it's own game. Makes it sound like GT has set the standard, and Forza is challenging that standard. 

And the red part is amusing coming from you, a well known Mr Stress-head.

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Why do you find it "disturbing"?   I can only suggest a lighter approach to life.... especially gaming.

It's a review about an Xbox 360 game... Forza 3. No need in mentioning a rival game from a rival console for the first words.

To mention "Sony's Gran Turismo" as the first 3 words kinda makes it sound like it's being reviewed against a GT game, not as it's own game. Makes it sound like GT has set the standard, and Forza is challenging that standard. 

Isn't this the point? GT did set the standard from way back in the day, and is still considered the "standard" for racing simulation. Forza challenged it, and has set a new "standard" for simulation racing that GT has to answer to. The standard that i'm talking about isn't coloring your car, or mulitplayer, or graphics, as much as i'm tlaking about their tire deformation, and how it actually affects driving, the controls, the rock solid 60fps, the damage, and all that other good stuff when it comes to gameplay.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@carl

It is being reviewed against GT, of course it is... it is naive to think otherwise. just like GT5 will be reviewed against Forza 3. what is the problem with that?

Oh... and I am not a stresshead... far from it... dont suffer fools gladly though.

The problem is there hasn't been a full GT game released this gen to compare it to.

It should be compared to other racing games already out, or even Forza 2. If it is being compared to anything at all.

Maybe Forza 3 will be the better race simulation, but I know Gran Turismo is going outsell Forza 3. I actually think GT5 will outsell Forza 3 in week one of the release of GT5.
But whatever Forza 3 is gonna rock and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it!

AlkamistStar said:
Carl2291 said:

Isn't this the point? GT did set the standard from way back in the day, and is still considered the "standard" for racing simulation. Forza challenged it, and has set a new "standard" for simulation racing that GT has to answer to. The standard that i'm talking about isn't coloring your car, or mulitplayer, or graphics, as much as i'm tlaking about their tire deformation, and how it actually affects driving, the controls, the rock solid 60fps, the damage, and all that other good stuff when it comes to gameplay.

Excellent post.

Awesome! ^^

Lot's of great reviews, it's good to see a minimal reaction from GT fanboys.