By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Here is IGN's video review.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14345839&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/103/1033047/forza3_vdr_100709_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed><div style='width:433;'><a href='http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14345839.html'>Forza Motorsport 3 at IGN.com</a></div>

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I don't get why there has to be a GT5 vs Forza 3 discussion ALL THE TIME!

Forza 3 will be an awesome racing game for sure. Reviews are awesome, people loved the demo.

So, the Xbox360 / Microsoft has definately 3 major franchises for now and future generations. Forza Motorsport, Fable and Halo are franchises that will continue to get people excited in the years to come.

The reason behind Forza 3 Vs GT5 in nearly every topic goes back to E3 2009; Turn 10 showed Forza 3 as a superior racing game compared to GT5. MS started that because they couldn't get GT5 like how they could get FFXIII and other third-party games, and since they had a well-known racing studio, they started making this comparison, and people started fighting over it since then.

Not to change subjects here, but I find it kind of funny and ironic that when MS diss competition like that, people say that its just business, yet when Sony do that, everyone starts screaming that how terrible Sony's PR are and Sony are usually being called cocky and ridiculous for that, oh and according to some, Sony is apparently in third place because of that…

One thing I would say is ridiculous and unprofessional is how IGN compares GT5 to F3, that comparison is unnecessary and very unprofessional for an official review, and because of such comparisons, I am sure you will see more and more of GT5 Vs F3.

Zones said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Forza 3 will be an awesome racing game for sure. Reviews are awesome, people loved the demo.

So, the Xbox360 / Microsoft has definately 3 major franchises for now and future generations. Forza Motorsport, Fable and Halo are franchises that will continue to get people excited in the years to come.

The reason behind Forza 3 Vs GT5 in nearly every topic goes back to E3 2009; Turn 10 showed Forza 3 as a superior racing game compared to GT5. MS started that because they couldn't get GT5 like how they could get FFXIII and other third-party games, and since they had a well-known racing studio, they started making this comparison, and people started fighting over it since then.

Not to change subjects here, but I find it kind of funny and ironic that when MS diss competition like that, people say that its just business, yet when Sony do that, everyone starts screaming that how terrible Sony's PR are and Sony are usually being called cocky and ridiculous for that, oh and according to some, Sony is apparently in third place because of that…

One thing I would say is ridiculous and unprofessional is how IGN compares GT5 to F3, that comparison is unnecessary and very unprofessional for an official review, and because of such comparisons, I am sure you will see more and more of GT5 Vs F3.

I disagree. The reason why these games are compared is because they are the only 2 games that are alike. They have to be compared at some level to see where the benchmark is for this genre. It's not just a racing genre but these 2 have a corner of the market completely to themselves. Both have everyday cars, both strive for realism. Both have long career modes etc etc. Just like any FPS is compared to other FPS. What IGN said is what they feel. Some will like the comment, those who dont want to agree will not. It's called fanboyism.

For the IGN UK score it's: 9.4. But i averaged the numbers and I got 9.5...am i just bad at math...or what?

EDIT: I was corrected. Their review scores are "not an average". Sucks, cuz that could've been an easy 9.5.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

nofingershaha said:
Badassbab said:
Whats the betting that GT5 was delayed to make sure it was absolutely better than FM3.

Why is it taking GT5 so long to get released. Turn 10 has already released 2 iterations of the Forza franchise already in the same time it took  Polyphony to develop theirs.

While you conveniently forget about GT5P a half game that sold more than F2 and GTPSP

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:

For the IGN UK score it's: 9.4. But i averaged the numbers and I got 9.5...am i just bad at math...or what?

EDIT: I was corrected. Their review scores are "not an average". Sucks, cuz that could've been an easy 9.5.

thats not how reviews work. they dont take the average of the different categories... dont ask why they get different scores

letsdance said:
nofingershaha said:
Badassbab said:
Whats the betting that GT5 was delayed to make sure it was absolutely better than FM3.

Why is it taking GT5 so long to get released. Turn 10 has already released 2 iterations of the Forza franchise already in the same time it took  Polyphony to develop theirs.

While you conveniently forget about GT5P a half game that sold more than F2 and GTPSP

Um GT5P has sold 3.15 million.

Forza 2 was 4 million. And that includes an official bundle for Forza 2 for 2 months and GT5P official bundle for 6 months.

GTPSP should really not have been made. It's reviews are pretty poor.

selnor said:
letsdance said:
nofingershaha said:
Badassbab said:

Um GT5P has sold 3.15 million.

Forza 2 was 4 million. And that includes an official bundle for Forza 2 for 2 months and GT5P official bundle for 6 months.

GTPSP should really not have been made. It's reviews are pretty poor.

you also conveniently forget DL's. Also where do you get the 6 months from? thats laughable. 2 months force bundle in Japan and limited bundles in EU probablly like 50k or so. You also forget Forza 2 was global bundled for '07 holiday.

Halo ODST or Wars shouldn't have been made... they haven't been reviewed well for Halo. /sarcasm

selnor said:
Zones said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I disagree. The reason why these games are compared is because they are the only 2 games that are alike. They have to be compared at some level to see where the benchmark is for this genre. It's not just a racing genre but these 2 have a corner of the market completely to themselves. Both have everyday cars, both strive for realism. Both have long career modes etc etc. Just like any FPS is compared to other FPS. What IGN said is what they feel. Some will like the comment, those who dont want to agree will not. It's called fanboyism.

It's only fanboyism on IGN's part; IGN could say that Forza 3 is the best racing game in this generation and it's hard for the competition to follow up. I mean why would they bring a PlayStation 3 exclusive title while REVIEWING an Xbox 360 title. The keyword here IS review, you know what reviews supposed to do? They must give you ideas of the game you are reading about.

Reviews ARE NOT comparisons, if IGN compared the two titles in an article, then I would agree with you.

By the way, you are forgetting Need For Speed: SHFIT; its also one of the top racing driving sims, and it received a 9 from IGN yet they didn't mention Forza 3 and Gran Tursimo 5 there. So the fact that they ONLY did that for Forza 3 further shows how unprofessional they are.

Zones said:
selnor said:
Zones said:
DirtyP2002 said:

It's only fanboyism on IGN's part; IGN could say that Forza 3 is the best racing game in this generation and it's hard for the competition to follow up. I mean why would they bring a PlayStation 3 exclusive title while REVIEWING an Xbox 360 title. The keyword here IS review, you know what reviews supposed to do? They must give you ideas of the game you are reading about.

Reviews ARE NOT comparisons, if IGN compared the two titles in an article, then I would agree with you.

By the way, you are forgetting Need For Speed: SHFIT; its also one of the top racing driving sims, and it received a 9 from IGN yet they didn't mention Forza 3 and Gran Tursimo 5 there. So the fact that they ONLY did that for Forza 3 further shows how unprofessional they are.

Shift is nothing like Forza 3. Or even close in terms of simulation. GTR2, Race Pro etc are better sims. Shift hits a more arcade market. I can see why they have. they didn't do it maliciously, but it's nice for gamers to relate to. GT is held in high esteem. Any game that beats it MUST be great. Thats the real point they are making.