By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3>Wii In Japan this Week, DESPITE Wii Price Cut - thoughts!!??

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=25375

Hardware

DSi – 57,000
PSP – 55,000
PS3- 37,000
Wii – 32,000
Xbox 360 – 2,600

_____

AS we can see the PS3 OUTSOLD THE Wii DESPITE its price drop

now the wii is the market leader in Japan

Putting these things together makes me very disappointed in Wii Price Drop sales.....next week will be interesting

What are your thoughts on this STUNNING turn of events?

MOST IMPORTANTLY....is this a SIGN of the coming holidays in Japan?

Are you disappointed?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

alot more people have been waiting for a ps3 price cut then then Wii

@NewCloud

Pent up demand is a possibility, also we know that the PS3 SLIM also had some kind of an impact

we are seeing a kind of repeat of what PSP did in late 2007 imho......which is surprising, as no-one thought PS3 could pull this off.

For Wii compelling software next month could do the trick.

Wii sales tripled, so the price drop did well - not to the magnitude of a redesign with a bundle, but great nonetheless. PS3 is holding very strong.

The Wii does need software though. Too bad it won't come until next month.

Oh boy, another Wii is domed thread.

Where's axumblade to adjust his "Domo-meter"?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I didn't expected that the PS3 would still sell more can't tell what the majority expected.

that is a surprise. Lets see if it can hold up though

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

The ps3 has been cut for a month. The fact that it is holding strong even against the wii + its current price drop must be making sony happy

@hatmoza

so far everyone is civil, when a few people I'd rather not name appear, it may become such a thread, but since you have connections with mods, I'm sure you can help us.....even if you now look like the grim Reaper

I recommend reading what ioi said in this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=87346&page=10