By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did you pick Nintendo? Is it really gaming?

because nintendo is the best company in the world??? dont you read the news?

Around the Network

Ah, I forgot Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Little Kings Story! Good God, you could get killed for less...

The 5 games for the Wii you enjoy the most so far

@OP
Philosophy, while most gamers don't consider this a viable(which it isn't) angle for games. I do. Change and new direction has always been important to growth of oneself and a company. I chose GC because they started on a new direction of ease of development. In the end GC didn't do so well. This generation Nintendo aimed at getting software entertainment to the people. That's why I got a Wii, because of ease for developers and new experiences/changes.

My friend who pretty much last Nintendo machine was a SNES moved onto Xbox and 360. This gen he got a Wii after getting a 360. While there aren't a slew of games he likes he does admit that a game done right is an experience that he cannot find on a 360 and the experience is very much worth the lack of graphics. Straight waggle games fail, but he loved God Father BE. Though to give you a warning GF:BE isn't polished controls, they do feel like a slap on controls, but once you get you to them and figure them out they are just insanely fun. The boundary of interacting with the bad guys almost melts away and it's easy enough to get into it in the manner than swinging harder should get you heavier hits. He also enjoys various pointer games. He loves computer games, but there are experiences that are just not repeatable on Windows or 360. He isn't going to stop playing his PC or 360 and there will be times where his Wii gaming will be slower, but he still enjoys playing some of the interesting Wii games.

In the end though i'm pretty happy with some of the games I play. I couldn't imagine playing any of these games differently or specifically on a dual analog. I'm a heavy PC player so the Pointer is a key input for me. I'm also disappointed with the controls of other games like Zelda TP I thought most of the controls were a waste. I'm not ever going to say an HD game is bad, but I can honestly say that the experience of a game with good Wiiremote controls beat out the the improved graphics.Though these are far and few between. Though there is a problem. Many games are certainly more than graphically stripped versions of HD counterparts. So often it's not just that the game sucks because it's on the Wii it sucks because the game is lack luster(Dead Rising, SW:TFU, Ghost Busters). So it's not the remote that holes the game back it's shoddy game design. So yes Wii gamers suffer from that and whine and bitch about it. If it just a graphical downgrade Wii owners wouldn't complain.

Are you missing out on an experience. Yes I would have to say you are. Will the Wii get enough games to appeal to you taste? I'm starting to lean no. Where as the DS managed to sway developers based on a new input and user base there has certainly been a big NO for the Wii.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

JGarret said:
The 5 games for the Wii you enjoy the most so far

Wow, that's hard. Uh.

Frankly, if I'm goign to be honest, I need to refuse to pick. I enjoyed too many games too much to make that kind of arbitrary distinction.

Around the Network

Top 5 reasons to own a Wii:

1) The Virtual Console.
2) Super Mario Galaxy.
3) Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort.
4) The most brutally ultraviolent hardcore games on any system ever (MadWorld, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes).
5) The most family-friendly party games, most exercise games, most sports games, most upgraded remakes, most balance-controlled games, most motion-controlled games, most IR-controlled games, most local splitscreen multiplayer games, and the most exclusives.

I think the OP wants a list war.

For the Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mario Kart Wii
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Okami
Super Paper Mario
Dead Space Extraction
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: World at War
The Conduit
Boom Blox Bash Party
Wii Sports Resort
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Little King's Story
Anno: Create A New World
World of Goo
Lost Winds
Guitar Hero
Rock Band
MadWorld
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pikmin
Megaman
Tetris
Bomberman
de Blob
Tiger Woods
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Blast Works: Build Trade Destroy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fragile
Tales of Symphonia
Arc Rise Fantasia
Monster Hunter Tri
Dragon Quest X
House of the Dead Overkill
Fire Emblem
Grand Slam Tennis
Metroid: Other M
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Red Steel 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
A Boy and His Blob
Endless Ocean 2
Sin & Punishment 2
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Mario Strikers: Charged
Metal Slug Anthology
Contra ReBirth
Opoona
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
Swords and Soldiers

Plus a SHITLOAD of NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Megadrive, Turbografx, C64, Neo-Geo, MSX and Arcade games on the Virtual Console.

All these games are worth a look, so look them up if you really are interested.

I am never doing this again.

There, now we've listed tons of games and reasons. Where did Serious go?

I was hoping no one would have to do that, Chrizum

I am so sorry

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Top 5 reasons to own a Wii:

1) The Virtual Console.
2) Super Mario Galaxy.
3) Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort.
4) The most brutally ultraviolent hardcore games on any system ever (MadWorld, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes).
5) The most family-friendly party games, most exercise games, most sports games, most upgraded remakes, most balance-controlled games, most motion-controlled games, most IR-controlled games, most local splitscreen multiplayer games, and the most exclusives.

*Ctrl-F "Little King's Story."

*No matches found*

forest-spirit said:
Ah, I forgot Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Little Kings Story! Good God, you could get killed for less...

*Ctrl-F "Little King's Story."

*Match found!*

Oh, and to answer the OP: I bought it 'cause it was cheap and trendy and gimmicky and popular, but it's been gathering dust since Galaxy.