By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ultimate PSP mod - 32GB flash memory, working dual nubs, !! internal camera

Euphoria14 said:
jonnhytesta said:
hackers and nerd gamers killed the poor psp abd people blame sony. :)

Just like they killed the Wii, 360 and DS right?  

wii: soccer moms and nintendo fanboys = no problem.

360:filthy rich americans + xbox live = no problem

dS:soccer moms + ninty fanboys + crazy japanese buyers = no problem

psp: nerd gamers + hackers + whiner gamers + huge piracy = your system dead and they blame you.

Around the Network

I am running 5.00 M33-6 with a custom "version.txt" to trick my PSP into thinking it is 5.50.

I didn't want to go from Dark Alex' firmware to the newer GEN firmwares. This is for numerous reason.

#1.) There is PS1 issues. Some of the titles that ran flawless on the M33 firmwares now have some issues.

#2.) No 1.50 kernel patch.

These are my (2) main reasons.

One day I will upgrade, but as of right now I am fine. I can still access the PSN store thanks to my PC, so demos and stuff are still accessible.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

jonnhytesta said:
Euphoria14 said:
jonnhytesta said:

psp: nerd gamers + hackers + whiner gamers + huge piracy = your system dead and they blame you.

Yup, you're 100% right.

I must be dreaming when I keep seeing announcement after announcement after announcement when it comes to games on PSP.

All I know is that it is getting a big number of JRPG titles. 

PSP is getting more announcements recently than the DS. Is the DS dying?

I play games, not sales, so as long as the games keep on coming, that is all I care about as a gamer.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
I am running 5.00 M33-6 with a custom "version.txt" to trick my PSP into thinking it is 5.50.

I didn't want to go from Dark Alex' firmware to the newer GEN firmwares. This is for numerous reason.

#1.) There is PS1 issues. Some of the titles that ran flawless on the M33 firmwares now have some issues.

One day I will upgrade, but as of right now I am fine. I can still access the PSN store thanks to my PC, so demos and stuff are still accessible.

wow ! how u did dat ??

what application you used ????

i had no idea that could be done...i was going to buy another psp1000 and update to 5.50 just to play GTP

but im considering doing this.....what you using ? LOL

Euphoria14 said:
jonnhytesta said:
Euphoria14 said:
jonnhytesta said:

Yup, you're 100% right.

I must be dreaming when I keep seeing announcement after announcement after announcement when it comes to games on PSP.

All I know is that it is getting a big number of JRPG titles. 

PSP is getting more announcements recently than the DS. Is the DS dying?

I play games, not sales, so as long as the games keep on coming, that is all I care about as a gamer.

psp = sofware beast

hackers and piracy killed the psp. simple as that.

Around the Network
jonnhytesta said:

psp = sofware beast

If PSPiracy is so bad, why do these companies continue to announce their new games for the PSP? They must be making money right?

I can't see PSP games costing all that much to make. Definitely much less than a Wii game or PS2 game.

Currently playing:

321tttrini4everz said:
Euphoria14 said:

wow ! how u did dat ??

what application you used ????

i had no idea that could be done...i was going to buy another psp1000 and update to 5.50 just to play GTP

but im considering doing this.....what you using ? LOL

In the recovery menu (one you boot by holding "R" at startup) you get the option to use custom version.txt.

You can find very simple to follow tutorials on google.

Currently playing:

@Euphoria14

flash0>vsh>etc>version.txt ?

Yup.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
jonnhytesta said:

psp = sofware beast

If PSPiracy is so bad, why do these companies continue to announce their new games for the PSP? They must be making money right?

I can't see PSP games costing all that much to make. Definitely much less than a Wii game or PS2 game.

Actually it should be arund the same as atleast a ps2 game.

Check out my game about moles ^