By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wt... Nintendo pulls a fast one on sony !

why would this guy use one of the most expensive telecommunications providers in the world?

Around the Network

Yes because nintendo wants to be sued.

Untouch said:

Maybe they have so much money, that they want to just give it away roflmao

mM

Posted a while back. Still pretty funny. Wonder if anything will be done about this guy.

4 ≈ One

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? I can see all the little kids buying a Nintendo DS thinking its the PSP Go.

"Hey mommy, I want a PSP go. It has a touch screen and 2 SCREENS!"

"Why does is say Nintendo DSi then? I think you got it confused.."

"No, look at the website, it say PSP Go!"

This is the true definition of owning.

Around the Network

This isn't a Nintendo fanboy, this is a pissed off oppurtunist who realise Sony isn't gonna buy the website he is currently squating in hope of future profit.

leo-j said:
Untouch said:

Their way of giving Sony a handout without looking so charitable... bazing!  Actually this sort of thing happens a lot, people obtain the rights to domain names to games before they're even announced and hope to use it as some way of extorting money or some other form of compensation from the said company (usually just free copies of the game someone tried that with modern warfare 2)

Now if Sony wants the site and to have the site not promote Nintendo they'll have to work a deal out with this guy.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
leo-j said:
Untouch said:

Their way of giving Sony a handout without looking so charitable... bazing!  Actually this sort of thing happens a lot, people obtain the rights to domain names to games before they're even announced and hope to use it as some way of extorting money or some other form of compensation from the said company (usually just free copies of the game someone tried that with modern warfare 2)

Now if Sony wants the site and to have the site not promote Nintendo they'll have to work a deal out with this guy.

Actually I don't think they need to do this, in most cases this is handled by lawyers who issue cease and desist notice about some copyright violation crap. Company do this to fansites all the time.

mibuokami said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leo-j said:
Untouch said:

Actually I don't think they need to do this, in most cases this is handled by lawyers who issue cease and desist notice about some copyright violation crap. Company do this to fansites all the time.

Hrm I really have no idea how the rights work for websites and domain names, I know the whole reason why IGN changed to IGN was the request of Nintendo because their Nintendo 64 section was N64.com, many people thought it was the offical site for N64 and not the Nintendo site.  It was a request not a case with lawyers and such, I have seen some companies force people to give up domain names that way but its usually terrible for their own Rep and they'd rather work it out without making a big deal out of it IE cutting a deal with said domain owner.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
mibuokami said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
leo-j said:
Untouch said:

Hrm I really have no idea how the rights work for websites and domain names, I know the whole reason why IGN changed to IGN was the request of Nintendo because their Nintendo 64 section was N64.com, many people thought it was the offical site for N64 and not the Nintendo site.  It was a request not a case with lawyers and such, I have seen some companies force people to give up domain names that way but its usually terrible for their own Rep and they'd rather work it out without making a big deal out of it IE cutting a deal with said domain owner.

Na, when its big corporation its actually fairly polite on initial contact, sorta like 'please do this before we begin litigation to make you stop doing this' kinda 'threat that is not a threat'. It only begins to become an issue if the fella resist. Most fansite are given the same treatment, although some could be fairly callous about the whole thing as some of these cases are outsourced.

I think one case that made the news in the UK a while back was about a 10 year old girls who got notice from lawyers demanding that she take down her pokemon fansite. Boy was that a sob story... :P