By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fumito Ueda wants to make a FPS!

Team ICO head Fumito Ueda is best known for moody, emotional titles like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. That doesn't mean Ueda isn't itchy to bust a cap in your ass.

The game designer told G4 that he is interested in making first-person shooters. Just listen to him say it: "I have an interest in making first-person game." Ueda cites Valve's Half-Life series as FPS games he enjoy, remarking that, "Usually, you have to incorporate storytelling with constraints, but the way...[Valve] implemented constraints was something different that I enjoyed, compared to other games."

But what kind of FPS would Ueda make?

"[If] ...you're in the middle of play, in the middle of the game, then all of a sudden you're in a cut-scene [and] you're not supposed to operate at all - that's not the kind of game I want to do. If there is some other techniques that will not give them that kind of feeling, that's something I want to implement."

Hey man, do it, do it, do it.

Currently Ueda and his time are hard at work on the upcoming PS3 exclusive The Last Guardian.

Fumito Ueda's A Big Half-Life 2 [G4 via Dtoid via Kombo]

http://kotaku.com/5374207/ico-creator-keen-to-make-fps

Around the Network

i should have said "the creator of ICO" , no one knows who this guy is? =o

I think it already posted a couple of days back. What do you think, excited??

^^
no, its weird, and i don't want more FPSs , i'd like if he keep doing what he does best.

he said first person game or FPS becuase there is a diference you know?

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

exactly, I feel weird too when I first heard it. And I'm kinda sick of FPS at the moment.

radha said:

he said first person game or FPS becuase there is a diference you know?

he mentioned L4D so , yeah.

if its a First Person adventure, it would be nice.

shooter, not really.

Watch the last invisible walls on gametrailers.com they report that Fumito is looking forward to Mordern Warfare 2 so that doesn't surprise me.

i would like to play that

I would love a to see a horror game from him.......

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)