By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I think Natal will do below expectations

TRios_Zen said:
heruamon said:
robbo918 said:

I know it is old PS2 stuff but it shows what the PS3 could do with the Magic Ice Cream Cone if the PS2 was capable of that kind of stuff with much older tech. Hmm, I honestly don't expect Natal or the Ice Cream Cone to do THAT much. I think both will move a moderate number of consoles for their respective companies but IMO it won't be massive. Too late for this generation.

Considering that we've only seen tech demos, I'm not sure how one can say it's too late...

I think these videos are funny.  Sony has an exisiting peripheral that has most (or all even!) of the functionality of NATAL, and instead of you know, telling THE WORLD via there marketing department, they leave it up to you tube fan videos to spread the word... HAHAHA - BRILLIANT!

ON topic, Natal is going to perform below...whose expectation exactly?  The rabid 360 forum fanboy?  OK!

I wonder if your comment is in jest or if you're that ignorant of Natal... I mean 2D... 3D... I don't know about you but that's pretty f'n big diffrence

Around the Network
Cueil said:
robbo918 said:

I know it is old PS2 stuff but it shows what the PS3 could do with the Magic Ice Cream Cone if the PS2 was capable of that kind of stuff with much older tech. Hmm, I honestly don't expect Natal or the Ice Cream Cone to do THAT much. I think both will move a moderate number of consoles for their respective companies but IMO it won't be massive. Too late for this generation.

You do understand that this is trolling... don't post this bullshit... the is a diffrence between 2D and 3D... I'm sure you wont argue that FF6 and FF7 are two diffrent kinds of games because of it...

First it isn't trolling. Second, you can call it want you want and you can tell me not to post but the odds of me listening to your "orders" aren't very high.

It was partly in jest and partly to show that while it is 2D versus 3D, Sony can make a lot of things happen with Eyetoy and the Ice Cream Cone. I am merely tired of extreme X360 fans acting as if we should all bow down and accept Natal is the greatest thing on Earth, because it really isn't.

When I said it was too late for this generation I meant it is likely not going to make a major splash for EITHER Sony or MS. It might though, who knows, that is the fun thing about all this, we get to wait and see. I hope the new gadgets for both companies do very well personally. I dislike MS but I like the competition.

i think natel is going to suck because no one wants to stand up and play a video game.

robbo918 said:
Cueil said:
robbo918 said:

You do understand that this is trolling... don't post this bullshit... the is a diffrence between 2D and 3D... I'm sure you wont argue that FF6 and FF7 are two diffrent kinds of games because of it...

First it isn't trolling. Second, you can call it want you want and you can tell me not to post but the odds of me listening to your "orders" aren't very high.

It was partly in jest and partly to show that while it is 2D versus 3D, Sony can make a lot of things happen with Eyetoy and the Ice Cream Cone. I am merely tired of extreme X360 fans acting as if we should all bow down and accept Natal is the greatest thing on Earth, because it really isn't.

When I said it was too late for this generation I meant it is likely not going to make a major splash for EITHER Sony or MS. It might though, who knows, that is the fun thing about all this, we get to wait and see. I hope the new gadgets for both companies do very well personally. I dislike MS but I like the competition.

It's not to late... if just for the fact that this will be something built into the next system.  And my "orders" were more of a mean warning... I've seen people baned for less than this...

idk said:
i think natel is going to suck because no one wants to stand up and play a video game.

No one wants to wave a wand around while playing games either right?  Oh shit those massive sales for the Wii are lies and those games that sold over 10 million are fake... you see where this is going I hope

Around the Network

Natal will do great. Sure it depends what great could mean for you, but I think 10 million is very possible. And this might be a very good system seller like Wii fit was.

MS will promote Natal like crazy and this could be very big in the more casual European market. Who here is not expecting a fitness game?

Hideo Kojima working on a Natal-exclusive hardcore game would be huge in a lot of terretories.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Natal will do great. Sure it depends what great could mean for you, but I think 10 million is very possible. And this might be a very good system seller like Wii fit was.

MS will promote Natal like crazy and this could be very big in the more casual European market. Who here is not expecting a fitness game?

Hideo Kojima working on a Natal-exclusive hardcore game would be huge in a lot of terretories.

How true...until we see some apps for Natal, it's too premature to say it's going to ba better than sliced brread, or that it is going to bomb, but the fact of the matter is that based on the initial response from developers, and what's been shown, Natal looks to do VERY well on the marketplace.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

im going to say it depends on how much it will cost. does anybody have a word on how much it will be? so far ive heard that it will be around 100 and ive heard that it may be as much as 500(which i doubt).

Maelstrome said:
im going to say it depends on how much it will cost. does anybody have a word on how much it will be? so far ive heard that it will be around 100 and ive heard that it may be as much as 500(which i doubt).

$500...lol...who came up with THAT estimate?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Maelstrome said:

$500...lol...who came up with THAT estimate?

some guy in a game store. his crazy theory is that ms will try to sell it with the effect of a new console.