By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I think Natal will do below expectations

I personally don't give a rats ass how Natal affects 360 sales. But I am interested in playing dodgeball with a team of friends over Live against another team of dodgeball players. That would be EPIC with 1:1 motion and space mapping.

Around the Network

Depends on expectations. I doubt it's going to propel 360 to 100 Million plus consoles, for example.

Despite PR fighting talk, I believe Natal is seen by MS as bridging this gen to the next. They must know, looking at current sales and trends, that they have done really well in US, okay in Others and have made the barest of dents in Japan.

I believe Natal is about capitalizing on their position in US and gaining what traction they can with a broader demographic in that territory and establishing their brand and offerings ready to really try and expand on them next gen.

I see a lot of work from MS building around what they have and slowly altering the brand. I think they know it is really unlikely Natal is going to give them global domination, but I think they know that, in US particularly, it could put them both beyond reach of Sony this gen and in a place to compete for the 'casual' (if I can use that hated word) market next gen.

If it does that I don't think it will do below expectations. If it sells to a third of the existing install base and doesn't take hold with US market then I will see it as having failed to deliver.

It's going to be interesting to see what actually happens.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I'm the only one on my street without a 360 (Ps3 instead)

So hopefully when it comes out one of my neighbours will buy it, and I'll experience it from them.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

If it's cheap with good games then I think some people will be surprised. But I have to say that the hype is too much, even if it's by the fanboys and not SO much by MS.

Im looking forward to Natal's release but Ill be disappointed if there are no good launch titles or if they are all just ported 360 version of Wii games like Big Family Games. Im hoping for something like Fuzion Frenzy 3 as a Natal bundle, but Ive accepted that Natal is going to be ridiculously overpriced at about £100/$120

Around the Network

90% of the people that know about Natal think it's going to fail or do below expectations.. But if everybody thinks that way, it isn't hard for Natal to surpass expectations since everybody already believes in its failure... Either way, people will be wrong. If they hype it, it'll be below expectations, just like any game. If people bash it, it will probably do better than expected..

Truth does not fear investigation

I play my games drunk from the sofa. I don't want to be bouncing around with Natal to control a game.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

CaptDS9E said:
I don't think expectations are high for natal sales. More like hopes are high it will be good

That covers it for me, its a rap lets get out of here.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
JaggedSac said:
I personally don't give a rats ass how Natal affects 360 sales. But I am interested in playing dodgeball with a team of friends over Live against another team of dodgeball players. That would be EPIC with 1:1 motion and space mapping.

Why don't you just .... y'know ... buy a ball and play? I imagine it'd be cheaper than buying Natal, not to mention more realistic.

Hyams said:
JaggedSac said:

Why don't you just .... y'know ... buy a ball and play? I imagine it'd be cheaper than buying Natal, not to mention more realistic.

Why do people go out and buy other sports games when they can just do the real thing?