By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GameDaily - Forza 3 is the BEST SIM RACER in a LONG time!

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/NewsPending-405557.aspx

http://twitter.com/gamedaily/status/4586286485

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
but it cant be because loads of people here told me it was crap after driving around 1 circuit in 5 cars...

this game will score a metacritic higher than 90. and it will deserve it.

huh?

anyway 90+ is pretty much confirmed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

will deffo score over 90, theres a lot of content here

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The demo was good and its clearly going to be a great racer... but a sim?.. well in my opinion it didnt feel like a "Sim" felt more like halfway between a sim and arcade to me. Very good game either way.

Vergis said:
The demo was good and its clearly going to be a great racer... but a sim?.. well in my opinion it didnt feel like a "Sim" felt more like halfway between a sim and arcade to me. Very good game either way.

well with assists off it was sim handling but leaning towards arcade instead of all sim, makes it easier and more accesable i suppose.

i would have preferred more tweaking eg. stability 4 3 2 1 and then off, same with traction and abs, instead its just on or off.

but still as it is, the demo played great, with no gt5 this year il be picking this up end of year.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@skee

I have had two bmw's and one audi (330, 730 and A6 2.7) in the last 5 years... all have stability control, abs and tractions that is either on or off.... what do you mean?

i mean its better for you to have a range in which to set your traction abs and stability control, instead of on and off.

for a more customised approach, idealy players could adjust bit by bit gain exp then go for all off.

kowenicki said:
@skee

which actually makes it more arcade and less sim if you think about it... real life doesnt have that, unless we are talking high end racing cars.

Well real life also doesn't have cardbox collision in 400 mph combined... I'm waiting for the full game to have a proper go with it. Personally I don't have a Xbox, but friend of mine does (so we spend quiete a lot of time arguing which is better... but in a good way, over a couple of beers usually), sofar we've tryied the demo, he invited me over, bought a champagne to celebrate the "proclaimed" Gran Turismo killer... Well he was quiete disappointed by it. I for once liked it (when we argued over this topic, I was defending GT of course). The problem is the hype, so unless you build this game up for yourself, you shouldn't be disappointed. Now we have to wait and see what the reviewers will think about that, I'd like to believe that it will have over 90 rating on metacritics, but I'm not sure.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Oh noes the fanboys is gonna trolling!

This game is gonna b awesome

@kowenicki

Look, for once could you not try to bring GT to a forza thread? Forza 3 will be a great racer, and my demo impressions where vastly impressive, a huge step over Forza 2.
But clearly you have no ideia how to play GT, if you call it bumper car racing. If you disagree with me, i'll gladly show my complete 100% file on GT2, GT3 and GT4, and will gladly post a video of GT4 showing you how owned you will be on the really hard Professional and Extreme series of races if you try to bumper car.
Oh and your comment about having more mechanical tune-ups being more arcade than sims, that's the most ridicule thing i've heard in a while, since i have a Wolkswagen Golf V GTI 2,0, with ventilated ceramic brakes, custom camber angles with interchangable toe in, dynamic gear relations with planetary gear interpolation that can change from normal manual shift to DGS shift, ride height and suspension balance and ECS with fuel injection management system, and all that can be changed in the on-board computer that I installed on the car, and I use it in day to day driving.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The game is definitely going to be getting great reviews. The guy from Gamespot loves it.