By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX360's lead will be over PS3 will be at 10 Million on January 2011.

My left nut makes better predictions than this. Keep your fanboyism out of here. People are now starting to realize that the PS3 is affordable as a media hub (which is Sony's intention) AND a gaming console. Natal isn't going to move more than a million consoles for xbox, it's just a gimmick and anyone with a Wii will just shrug. Same with the PS3 wand, it's just a gimmick. Unless Developers have something up their sleeves with ingenuity, I'm not even considering either.

Around the Network
ironman said:
luvtospooge said:
ironman said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
ironman says;

"It happens, hypocracy is a fanboys best friend"

So, your not a fanboy? Funny stuff that!

"Nice, a bunch of Sony fanboys trolling a 360 thread...why am I not surprised?"

360 thread... really? So the OP never mentions the PS3, Mr 360 Fanboy?

@ironman

Lovin' your posts man! Keep it up.

Yes, I am a gaming fanboy, the only reason I don't have a PS3 is because I can't afford one right now, and I love FPS, so the obvious choice for me was the 360. You really have no idea what you are saying, try reading my ENTIRE posts instead of cherry picking lines to match your failed hypothesis.

This thread talked MAINLY about the 360 As I said in a previous post that you OBVIOUSLY did not read, the title was a bit flame batish, but after that, is was all 360 talk with a few things about the PS3 thrown in...and nothing IN the OP was flamebateish.

Nice try though, I'm reporting you.

It isn't a 360 thread if it isn't in the 360 section.

It is a predominately 360 thread, it does nothing to bash the PS3, (although like  Ikeep saying, the thread title could have been differant) and is praising the 360. Why a bunch of PS3 guys had to come in here and start spewing garbage about this thread doing a great injustice to the all powerful one is beyong me.

1. Thread in sales forums

2. PS3 mention in TITLE

3. PS3 mentioned in OP.

The thread is about the 360 building its lead to 10 million over the PS3 by 2011.

Now rethink your statement, open your eyes for second and and ask your self this, How the hell is this thread just about the 360? The OP was created to attract PS3 fans and he got what he wanted. No matter how much the 360 grows or loses its lead, he chose the worst time to create this thread.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
luvtospooge said:
ironman said:
luvtospooge said:
ironman said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
ironman says;

@ironman

Yes, I am a gaming fanboy, the only reason I don't have a PS3 is because I can't afford one right now, and I love FPS, so the obvious choice for me was the 360. You really have no idea what you are saying, try reading my ENTIRE posts instead of cherry picking lines to match your failed hypothesis.

This thread talked MAINLY about the 360 As I said in a previous post that you OBVIOUSLY did not read, the title was a bit flame batish, but after that, is was all 360 talk with a few things about the PS3 thrown in...and nothing IN the OP was flamebateish.

It is a predominately 360 thread, it does nothing to bash the PS3, (although like  Ikeep saying, the thread title could have been differant) and is praising the 360. Why a bunch of PS3 guys had to come in here and start spewing garbage about this thread doing a great injustice to the all powerful one is beyong me.

Well it's a 360 vs ps3 sales thread. The garbage you say is maybe because perhaps the OP's prediction was off?

The gap is decreasing right now, but natal will make the gap even bigger than it is now? To 10mil? Easy to say why people are skeptical about this. I respect his prediction,however.

Yes I disagreed with the prediction as well, but I didn;t troll the hell out of the OP for making a bad prediction did I? Yes, the title makes it seem like a PS3 vs. 360 sales thread, but the OP has very little do do with PS3 sales,infact lists nothing that could counter the 360 sales, and instead focuses on how the 360 could counter what the PS3 has done. All you need to do is say you don't agree with the numbers, and state your reasons why, there is absolutely NO need to come in here screaming "Flame bait" or "alt account".

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
luvtospooge said:
ironman said:
luvtospooge said:
ironman said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
ironman says;

@ironman

Well it's a 360 vs ps3 sales thread. The garbage you say is maybe because perhaps the OP's prediction was off?

The gap is decreasing right now, but natal will make the gap even bigger than it is now? To 10mil? Easy to say why people are skeptical about this. I respect his prediction,however.

Yes I disagreed with the prediction as well, but I didn;t troll the hell out of the OP for making a bad prediction did I? Yes, the title makes it seem like a PS3 vs. 360 sales thread, but the OP has very little do do with PS3 sales,infact lists nothing that could counter the 360 sales, and instead focuses on how the 360 could counter what the PS3 has done. All you need to do is say you don't agree with the numbers, and state your reasons why, there is absolutely NO need to come in here screaming "Flame bait" or "alt account".

Well, you can't change human nature I guess.

What will Halo Reach do that will result in more sales of the 360 then they have had already?  Natal has potential to reach people not buying 360s currently, but hasn't everyone who wants a Halo game already bought a 360?  The 360 has had two FPS Halo titles on it, and one RTS.

Around the Network

You didn't need that long post, you could have just put Natal. That is what your prediction depends on. Sequels to games already released this generation do not make up 5m+ in hardware sales, no matter how much advertising. If Natal revolutionizes gaming like it has the potential to do so, you may be right. If it has no impact, your prediction will fail. It's bold though, I admire your ability to post it so openly.

I think most gamers on this site agree that sequels don't move HW much and that new IP's or next gen sequels do. SONY knows this, too. Just look at their next years line up.

Actually, SONY was the platform company known for it's diversity and it seems they are back on track.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

dobby985 said:
dcIKeeL said:
Chairman-Mao said:
It could be argued that Sony's 2010 game lineup is even stronger then Xbox's lineup. MAG, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3 all Q1. Then theres Rockstar's Agent later on 2010 plus of course all the same multiplat games.

You're right it could be argued. I initially thought ps3 had the best 2010 lineup. Upon further review though, I don't think any consoles upcoming games outweigh the others. I have actually been pondering this lately.

Xbox 360 2010

Mass effect 2

Alan Wake

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Fable 3

Halo: Reach

Crackdown 2

Gears Of War 3 - we can safely remove this from the list.

APB

Ninety-Nine Nights 2

PS3 2010

God Of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

Heavy Rain

MAG

Agent

The Last Guardian

I feel like I'm missing a few 360 games but even more ps3 games. Can someone help me out, I'm looking as I type this.

Holiday season 09 in my opinion definitely belongs to the 360 though

Forza 3, Halo: ODST, L4D2, Magna Carta 2 - enhanced PS3 port next year?

PS3

Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: a crack in time.

The slim could not have come at a more opportune time for sony. As they will actually come out a bit ahead this holiday season. I for one did not anticipate the slim being this succesful. I looked at it more like a price cut, but I underestimated the power of a remodeled sku. It's basically like a new console of sorts. It has the same effect but at a much shorter length.

Here is a list of upcoming PS3 exclusives (excluding games also on PC)

Afrika
Agent
Atelier Ronora
Brooklyn Stories
Demon's Souls
Eyepet
Fith Phantom Saga
Final Fantasy XIII (Japan)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
God of War III
God of War Collection
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Katamari Forever
Kidou Senki Gundam Senki
L.A. Noire (might be going to 360)
Last Rebellion
Last Guardian
M.A.G.
Mars
Mod Nation Racers
Nier RepliCant
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Remake of Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360)
Quantum Theory
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Record of Agarest War (Europe)
Supercar Challenge
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype
Trinity Universe
Trinity: Zill O'll Zero
Twisted Metal PS3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Under Siege
War Devil: Unleash the Beast Within
Warriors Orochi
White Kinght Chronicles (western release)
White Kinght Chronicles 2

Your list is absurd. If I was speaking merely about exclusives, both lists would be much larger. I'm talking about bheavy hitting almost guranteed high quality games. Did you see me insert games like risen in my list???

Great job, I'm sure you feel real accomplished about your list.

Lets lock this shit.

I don't think Natal is all that. If and when Natal gets released, i don't think people will know what to make of it so it won't be a system seller as much of as a curiousity. It needs a killer app to show what it can do.