By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

OH MY GOD!! That is FAIL beyond anything ive ever heard.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
ironman said:
it wasn't skipped on. We knew it would be a 2 disc release back at E3.

But was it known that an install was required to get the other 100+ cars?

That alienates all arcade owners, unless as said above they turn to ebay (or god help them gamestop/etc) and get a HDD.

Yes it was known that an install was required

It doesn't completely alienate arcade owners as they can still pick and choose what they want to download to the onboard memory

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

tedsteriscool said:
ironman said:
it wasn't skipped on. We knew it would be a 2 disc release back at E3.

But was it known that an install was required to get the other 100+ cars?

That alienates all arcade owners, unless as said above they turn to ebay (or god help them gamestop/etc) and get a HDD.

Yes.

Well, Think of it this way, I would suspect that many arcade owners don't play online, because there is so much DLC for games, anybody who did have a Gold membership, would probably have a harddrive. The content on the disc is not going to improve gameplay experiance much for those without Gold, infact they could get away with loading just the three tracks unto a memory card and be happy with that. there are very few stellar cars on the second disc.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ouchhhh for 360 owners. Is it a preview of what PS3 users are feeling with their mandatory install that are required 2 out of every 3 PS3 games??

Such a stupid thing to do.

"Dear Arcade owners, here's half a game. And oh, if you have a Silver account you'll miss out on the MP part aswell. Oh yeah, that'll be 60$"

Around the Network
MAFKKA said:

"Dear Arcade owners, here's half a game. And oh, if you have a Silver account you'll miss out on the MP part aswell. Oh yeah, that'll be 60$"

Actually, it was pretty smart. Most people who buy this game will A. have a hard drive, or B. buy one. Also, as I said before three tracks and a bunch of cars that are not as good as the ones on the main disc, those few without a memory card or HD will not be missing much.

Past Avatar picture!!!

reptile168 said:
ouchhhh for 360 owners. Is it a preview of what PS3 users are feeling with their mandatory install that are required 2 out of every 3 PS3 games??

Are you joking or serious? I have 9 games for my PS3 and I've only had to install one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
reptile168 said:

Are you joking or serious? I have 9 games for my PS3 and I've only had to install one.

are you serious? You can't tell a joke from serious?

Congrats for having only 1 game needing mandatory install. You must have plenty of space left. Too bad my brother's PS3 is full of installs in it.

ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

Actually, it was pretty smart. Most people who buy this game will A. have a hard drive, or B. buy one. Also, as I said before three tracks and a bunch of cars that are not as good as the ones on the main disc, those few without a memory card or HD will not be missing much.

But thats what im saying..

What makes it okay for them to decide that some people wont have the posibility to enjoy the full game? Its not like they will get any money from people buying MS HDDs. And why would it be okay just because they wont "be missing much", they're still missing out.

If your making a game for a console, why would it be okay to force people to buy add on just so they can enjoy the full game.

Its like if Valve would require a mandatory install for all the new weapons and zombies for L4D2. It wont change the game drasticly, its the same concept, just with less content. Or if Bungie developed ODST and said "There's a mandatory install for Firefight and the 3 new maps. You wont be missing much, its just a 3 maps and 1 game mode." Why would that be smart? Or okay?

reptile168 said:
binary solo said:
reptile168 said:

are you serious? You can't tell a joke from serious?

Congrats for having only 1 game needing mandatory install. You must have plenty of space left. Too bad my brother's PS3 is full of installs in it.

I hate you too! You can't put 360 owners in the same boat as PS3 owners, we are better than that!!!

Past Avatar picture!!!