By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what do you think of the brutal legand demo

Reasonable said:
JaggedSac said:
Reasonable said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Some of you guys have incredibly high standards. This game looks better than all previous generation games for obvious reasons such as the shaders (which pretty much defines this gen of graphics).

What!!!  It looks fine, but on the evidence of the demo not amazing.  I wouldn't look to a Tim Schafer game to be pushing graphics anyway, although I think the animations could be smoother.  I would expect a little more than solving puzzles by jumping in the air, however.

Solving puzzles isn't very metal :)

He could solve them in a 'metal' fashion surely!  I don't mind using loud music and violence to solve puzzles.  I mean, rather than just bash a few guys until allowed to move on to the next arena, why not bash a few guys to collect their heads to make a 'loudly complaining' platform to reach somewhere?

Yeah, I know, I know, but much as I love the style of the game I can't imagine shelling out to bash buttons in closed arenas for an extended period of time.

Hopefully the demo only showcases a fraction of the gameplay mechanics.

I agree.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Reasonable said:
JaggedSac said:
Reasonable said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Some of you guys have incredibly high standards. This game looks better than all previous generation games for obvious reasons such as the shaders (which pretty much defines this gen of graphics).

What!!!  It looks fine, but on the evidence of the demo not amazing.  I wouldn't look to a Tim Schafer game to be pushing graphics anyway, although I think the animations could be smoother.  I would expect a little more than solving puzzles by jumping in the air, however.

Solving puzzles isn't very metal :)

He could solve them in a 'metal' fashion surely!  I don't mind using loud music and violence to solve puzzles.  I mean, rather than just bash a few guys until allowed to move on to the next arena, why not bash a few guys to collect their heads to make a 'loudly complaining' platform to reach somewhere?

Yeah, I know, I know, but much as I love the style of the game I can't imagine shelling out to bash buttons in closed arenas for an extended period of time.

Hopefully the demo only showcases a fraction of the gameplay mechanics.

I agree.

Like you noted originally, I'll probably at least rent it, although if the full title/reviews indicate its much better I might elevate it to a buy.

The idea is brilliant though, and the look of the game is great.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The game is actually funny. And not the situational "you have to 'get' what's going on funny", but Family Guy, all in your face, funny

It definitely has one of the best Main Menus of all time, and I love the setting/music. Unfortunately, it's coming out the same day as Uncharted 2, so it's going to be one of those games that I'll end up purchasing later.

^^
The Main Menu is brilliant, isn't it? I love the hands for some strange reason.

But yeah, whether I rent or buy it's going to have to wait until I finish Uncharted 2.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...