By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what do you think of the brutal legand demo

it will rock your cock off. (or clit cant forget abiut the ladies).

Around the Network

cool demo great gameplay but the fighting animation is bad.

It's okay. Nice dialogue and good fun, but the animation, etc. seems weak and it seems wayyyy combat centric, which isn't good as it's a button mash. I'd like to see more puzzles, etc. but hey, I'm an old fashioned Grim Fandango fan.

Not a definite purchase based on demo, need to see reviews and understand whether the whole game will be an amusing title with average button mashing combat or something better.

EDIT: best bits for me where his prayer as you pilot the vehicle and the pop-ups for the profanity/gore filters.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

the game is fun with a good /new setting but it sure as hell is one ugly looking game.

Some of you guys have incredibly high standards. This game looks better than all previous generation games for obvious reasons such as the shaders (which pretty much defines this gen of graphics).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Great demo, i love the humor and art style.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Love the humor and music. Definite renter.

SHMUPGurus said:
Some of you guys have incredibly high standards. This game looks better than all previous generation games for obvious reasons such as the shaders (which pretty much defines this gen of graphics).

What!!!  It looks fine, but on the evidence of the demo not amazing.  I wouldn't look to a Tim Schafer game to be pushing graphics anyway, although I think the animations could be smoother.  I would expect a little more than solving puzzles by jumping in the air, however.

Reasonable said:
SHMUPGurus said:

What!!!  It looks fine, but on the evidence of the demo not amazing.  I wouldn't look to a Tim Schafer game to be pushing graphics anyway, although I think the animations could be smoother.  I would expect a little more than solving puzzles by jumping in the air, however.

Solving puzzles isn't very metal :)

JaggedSac said:
Reasonable said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Solving puzzles isn't very metal :)

He could solve them in a 'metal' fashion surely!  I don't mind using loud music and violence to solve puzzles.  I mean, rather than just bash a few guys until allowed to move on to the next arena, why not bash a few guys to collect their heads to make a 'loudly complaining' platform to reach somewhere?

Yeah, I know, I know, but much as I love the style of the game I can't imagine shelling out to bash buttons in closed arenas for an extended period of time.

Hopefully the demo only showcases a fraction of the gameplay mechanics.