By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The thread that won't end until the 360 and PS3 have equal HW sales

I have no idea HS, but sony did good this week again (no surprise here). At this rate we'll see a 6.4million difference between the PS3 and 360 HW by the end of the year. Once we get it down to 4 or 3 million difference, MS will have to start moneyhatting much more aggressively to make up for the bigger economic value that development for the PS3 would offer.

Around the Network

this thread wont last long then ;)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Supercat, you are a genius. Me and Darth could never make a thread that was made to last forever but youve done it on your first try......good job.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Not really a genius....I just see the PS3's stock as on an upward trend and I think that it would be cool to tell the story of how the PS brand came back to make a name for itself again.

Now that prices are close people realize PS3 is by far a better value. Go PS3 go! Down to 6.8m.

Around the Network
supercat said:
Not really a genius....I just see the PS3's stock as on an upward trend and I think that it would be cool to tell the story of how the PS brand came back to make a name for itself again.

Even if the ps3 beats the 360 (which is a very slim chance).........its still not making a name if you barely beat a console you destroyed in sales last gen and one you beta last gen is destroying you in sales.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

We'll see jesus.

Ok, even with the promos that the 360 just got, the PS3 still beat it by around 30K for the week.

Wow, this blackfriday thing was great for the PS3, as we have reports that the PS3 sold 440,000 in one day vs somehere in the mid 300K for the 360.  The thing about this year is that if the trend continues, that people will be buying for higher quality more during the holidays, even more than at other times, so expect the PS3 sales to get a bigger boost than the 360 during the holidays. If the PS3 keeps doing well, we could be at just 6M difference by the end of the year.

Soon, we're going to see developers being more friendly to the PS3, kinda meh to the 360 or at least not as friendly.  This will help Sony by them not having to moneyhat developers as much as they have had to.  Microsoft, will have to moneyhat a lot more in order to stay afloat with a decent amount of exclusives.

I'll help keep this thread alive.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E