By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The thread that won't end until the 360 and PS3 have equal HW sales

One-More-Round said:
Didn't 360 have a jump start? so why do sales matter? in my mind it is ps2 vs 360 vs Wii...ps3 is the only console this gen

Greatest first post....EVER!!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
One-More-Round said:
Didn't 360 have a jump start? so why do sales matter? in my mind it is ps2 vs 360 vs Wii...ps3 is the only console this gen

Oh do go on to explain further, please.

I can't....because I'll get banned.....sorry. I'll send you private message..Peace!

Anyway, Sony is getting ready to put up NETFLIX on the PS3. Awesome. This is obviously meant to counter the 360's Netflix app, and in doing so renders the reason to pay $50 for XBL redundent as the PSN will gain parity with this and the cross-game chat addition. MS is probably going to need to drop the price for XBL gold within 6 months or adjust its revenue model to make things less expensive, and in doing so is going to get less revenue. Good for the dark side (Sony).

the time will come sooner than everybody expect!Why?Michael Jackson Singstar will put the PS3 in the sky and even higher!

Thriller album = 104 million
MJ Singstar + Ps3 bundle = 104 million

LOGIC!!!!

One-More-Round said:
Khuutra said:
One-More-Round said:

Oh do go on to explain further, please.

I can't....because I'll get banned.....sorry. I'll send you private message..Peace!

so you've been banned before?

Around the Network

In real terms the amount of people owning a PS3 is already > than the people owning a 360.  I know several people who got so fed up with their 360's failing and waiting for reconditioned units (that would fail again) that they went out to buy a newer box in the hope that it would be more reliable (which of course... it wasn't).  I'm sure there are lots more people like that.

Well it won't be till 2011 I'm bettin. Like mid-late 2011 to narrow it down slightly

venteras said:

In real terms the amount of people owning a PS3 is already > than the people owning a 360.  I know several people who got so fed up with their 360's failing and waiting for reconditioned units (that would fail again) that they went out to buy a newer box in the hope that it would be more reliable (which of course... it wasn't).  I'm sure there are lots more people like that.

Yes maybe, I know a couple of person myself that bought more than 1 Xbox while I dont know anyone that bought more than 1 PS3. One of my friend have purchase 3 Xbox since the release and is now on its 4th one, he bought the first one on release day and then change it after each years The third one was on warranty tho, so he was able to receive the 4th one without purchasing another one. I would be really curious to know how much working PS3 and Xbox 360 are out there instead of knowing how much sales.

Anyway the number should be equal by the end of 2010, for this PS3 needs to sell an average of 101 K more than Xbox each week. Should be easy to do considering how much more they will sell this holiday and the boost that will come from GT5 in the world. Sony has a big fanbase still waiting to pick up a PS3 and more and more person are buying HDTV and consider PS3 more since theres also a blue ray player. Equal at the end of 2010 is a sure thing and I wouldnt be surprise to see PS3 also having a slight advantage.

Well the PS3 has been consistently outselling the 360 by 120-150k per week (not forgetting the first 2 weeks of the Slim's launch where it was closer to 300k). 360 is dead in the water now. Last (sales) week was the first time in 2 months the 360 outsold the PS3 in America. The release of Uncharted 2 helped PS3 sell over 30k more units in NA.

So at what number of units will this thread end? I believe the tie will happen at 50 mil.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.