By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy a 360 if EA goes exclusive with MS?

EA is not worth it anyway, tyvm.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network

I would for Fifa, but I also play fight night, nhl, need for speed, all those other awesome games we don't know that are technically from EA due to the fact that EA owns the developer (i.e Bioware games).

Easily yes.

nordlead said:
darendt said:

There is nothing that the 360 has over the PS3 and is not even close to "as good" as the PS3. The controller statement is your opinion as is mine on the crap 360 controller. I hope the Playstation never changes there base controller as it truly is the best and most comfotable controller ever designed. Having my hands off-set to use the sticks on the 360 controller is almost as bad as the N64 controller. Notice I said almost. I do however own a Wii and only play it when my kids have friends over that dont own one and want to play it. Aside from that, my own kids dont play the damn thing. Not sure why they dont, but they sure do love the PS3. For me, I am a big Mario fan and always find those games fun......that said, the controller for the Wii sucks as well. slightly better than the 360 controller as well, but not by much and not for the types of games I play. I could not imagine GOW on the Wii.

As for EA, I dont like them. There games are generally crap and they have just destroyed the football franchise of games. Madden 10 is there best game in a long time, and its still not that great. They put out rushed incomplete games then charge for a butt load of DLC to make it what it should have been to begin with. Capcom is the same but thats another story.

Being a gamer has everything to do with why I continue to own Playstation and choose them as my main console. There hardware is rock solid and cutting edge and there first party games are always outstanding. That and there controller is tried and true. The buttons and sticks are all in the right spots plus it has motion control. A true gamer wants the best gaming experience and doesnt settle for less. They dont just play any POS and say its great because they are a "gamer". There are standards for everything. How many car enthusiests do you see with Ford Pintos in there garage? Just because people have a passion for cars, doesnt mean they like them all. I can be a "true gamer" and not like a game or a console a game is on without being a fan boy. I never said I dont like some of the games the 360 has, I said would never play them because I dont like the controller. The game would not be the same and the experience would not be as good having to play with something so uncomfortable. I played the Wii a lot when I got it thinking the controller may grow on me and realized after some time that it wouldnt. It now sits collecting dust until what I stated above occurs. Maybe I will get the wife Wii-fit for Christmas but I would bet she will get bored with it fairly quickly.

The Dual Shock # is the worst collection of controller ever made. It started out as a SNES clone which was ok, and then because sony found out they screwed up so bad (thanks to Nintendo again) they added analog sticks in the most uncomfortable place ever. It is a hard long reach that makes using the joystick inaccurate. On every other controller I've ever used I can move my character with ease in the exact direction I want. Due to the low offset nature of the left analog stick on the Dual Shock it causes me to have issues moving perfectly up, down, left or right. All the time it is slightly off, and in those games where it matters it sucks.

Not only that, but Sony has no imagination and is still stuck in the 5th generation. Yes they tacked motion onto their remote, but this is still just a beefed up version of a PS1. Sony is finally doing something new with the PSWand, but that is another controller clone of Nintendo. Will sony ever learn to create their own controller without copying Nintendo? I hope they do so they can create something decent for once. They had a chance with the boomerang controller but wussed out cause Nintendo didn't make it first.

Also, we should revisit the horrible reliability of the PS1 and PS2. Both had DRE's and the general solution was to flip your console upsidedown. However, due to the fact that the internet wasn't popular people didn't know there were others who were on their 4th PS2. In both consoles it took them until the slim version just to make one that didn't break all the time.

Dang, Nordlead, you took the words right out of my mouth. +1, sir.

nordlead said:
darendt said:

There is nothing that the 360 has over the PS3 and is not even close to "as good" as the PS3. The controller statement is your opinion as is mine on the crap 360 controller. I hope the Playstation never changes there base controller as it truly is the best and most comfotable controller ever designed. Having my hands off-set to use the sticks on the 360 controller is almost as bad as the N64 controller. Notice I said almost. I do however own a Wii and only play it when my kids have friends over that dont own one and want to play it. Aside from that, my own kids dont play the damn thing. Not sure why they dont, but they sure do love the PS3. For me, I am a big Mario fan and always find those games fun......that said, the controller for the Wii sucks as well. slightly better than the 360 controller as well, but not by much and not for the types of games I play. I could not imagine GOW on the Wii.

As for EA, I dont like them. There games are generally crap and they have just destroyed the football franchise of games. Madden 10 is there best game in a long time, and its still not that great. They put out rushed incomplete games then charge for a butt load of DLC to make it what it should have been to begin with. Capcom is the same but thats another story.

Being a gamer has everything to do with why I continue to own Playstation and choose them as my main console. There hardware is rock solid and cutting edge and there first party games are always outstanding. That and there controller is tried and true. The buttons and sticks are all in the right spots plus it has motion control. A true gamer wants the best gaming experience and doesnt settle for less. They dont just play any POS and say its great because they are a "gamer". There are standards for everything. How many car enthusiests do you see with Ford Pintos in there garage? Just because people have a passion for cars, doesnt mean they like them all. I can be a "true gamer" and not like a game or a console a game is on without being a fan boy. I never said I dont like some of the games the 360 has, I said would never play them because I dont like the controller. The game would not be the same and the experience would not be as good having to play with something so uncomfortable. I played the Wii a lot when I got it thinking the controller may grow on me and realized after some time that it wouldnt. It now sits collecting dust until what I stated above occurs. Maybe I will get the wife Wii-fit for Christmas but I would bet she will get bored with it fairly quickly.

The Dual Shock # is the worst collection of controller ever made. It started out as a SNES clone which was ok, and then because sony found out they screwed up so bad (thanks to Nintendo again) they added analog sticks in the most uncomfortable place ever. It is a hard long reach that makes using the joystick inaccurate. On every other controller I've ever used I can move my character with ease in the exact direction I want. Due to the low offset nature of the left analog stick on the Dual Shock it causes me to have issues moving perfectly up, down, left or right. All the time it is slightly off, and in those games where it matters it sucks.

Not only that, but Sony has no imagination and is still stuck in the 5th generation. Yes they tacked motion onto their remote, but this is still just a beefed up version of a PS1. Sony is finally doing something new with the PSWand, but that is another controller clone of Nintendo. Will sony ever learn to create their own controller without copying Nintendo? I hope they do so they can create something decent for once. They had a chance with the boomerang controller but wussed out cause Nintendo didn't make it first.

Also, we should revisit the horrible reliability of the PS1 and PS2. Both had DRE's and the general solution was to flip your console upsidedown. However, due to the fact that the internet wasn't popular people didn't know there were others who were on their 4th PS2. In both consoles it took them until the slim version just to make one that didn't break all the time.

I still have both my Playstation 1 and 2 that have run fine and still do. I even have a few slims that have never had a problem and a 60GB PS3 that has had zero issues. As for the controller copy crap again, there was nothing tacked on in terms of motion and the "wand" has been in development since before the PS3. Sony is slow to market, that is there problem. They have had the PSeye since the PS2 yet Natal catches all this media because M$ markets better.

As for the controller, apparently you have small hands, when I pick up my DS the sticks are right there for my thumbs. If I want to use the D-pad and buttons, my thumbs just move up. Very simple really. But from the sound of your post, the remote control Nintendo put out as a new device is probably the best controller ever, that or the N64 controller.

Around the Network

@Norlead

If i could... I would put that Wall of text in my Sig....but i cant...

Garamond said:
Easily yes.

are you just going to say sarcastic stuff all the time now?

Garnett said:

@Norlead

If i could... I would put that Wall of text in my Sig....but i cant...

ROTFL! This.

Bill gates invented a time machine and travelled into the future and ate my babies.

THATS HOW EVIL M$ ARE!!!!111111!!

I think that EA makes the worst game's that are out there for the last ten years...

I would be glad if they would go exclusive to MS...

SHIFT is an epic fail by the way...it has absolute nothing to do with racing its terrible..