By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So... 12/10/2009... @ 12:00

... is when my Uncharted 2 Beta expires. The game releases in the US the day after... and I probably won't be able to get it for a few weeks after release... 

Anyone else knew about this? I'm just finding out....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

well it's a demo now I thought. Assumed it never expired. think they'll take it off PSN after that?

Torillian said:
well it's a demo now I thought. Assumed it never expired. think they'll take it off PSN after that?

It expires the day before Uncharted 2 releases, so people who are hooked on the demo go out and immediately buy the full game.

It's brilliant, really. And evil, because you lose all of your progress.

*Goes back to playing Uncharted 2 beta*

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

we lose our progress? :O

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Kantor said:
Torillian said:

It expires the day before Uncharted 2 releases, so people who are hooked on the demo go out and immediately buy the full game.

It's brilliant, really. And evil, because you lose all of your progress.

*Goes back to playing Uncharted 2 beta*

Sucks for me since I'm in the bahamas and I have to wait a bit after release

My guess is that they will take it off the store. No use keeping an item that can't be used. 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

beta is not a demo. The beta is the multiplayer experience just until the game is released. chances are they will put a singler player demo up but uncharted 2's phenominal sp would be spoiled by a demo (theres no sections that are considered a low point in the game, maybe the train or something.)

Of course the beta expires, if it didn't people would just keep playing and not get the game.

Its more of a open beta than a demo (since it is only online). The servers for the demo will be gone on that date so you can't join any games even if you downloaded it already; and they will probably remove the demo from the PS store as well.

Guess I forgot that they would be wasting server space keeping the beta up. i hope they put up a demo of the singleplayer. PSN doesn't have enough demoes imo.

Torillian said:
Guess I forgot that they would be wasting server space keeping the beta up. i hope they put up a demo of the singleplayer. PSN doesn't have enough demoes imo.

Don't expect a single player demo at all...

"Will we get a single-player demo for Uncharted 2? In a word, no.

“It’s always tough to do a single-player demo,” creative director Amy Hennig told 1UP. “You can always argue whether it benefits you or not in the long run, because so much of it depends on you understanding where you are in the narrative, and then appreciating what’s going on in the single-player demo.”

Naughty Dog president Evan Wells added: “Not to mention that it’s a 12-15 hour experience and you have to somehow collapse that into 15 minutes. I mean, we have something like hundreds of moves to train you over several hours, and if you just drop somebody into the fire…”

Tough luck, single-player demo fans. The game’s out in October." 

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/13/no-single-player-demo-for-uncharted-2/

Torillian said:

Kind of like the Left4Dead demo. They closed it once the game came out.