By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 OVERTAKES xbox 360 in Europe... AGAIN!

So such and such will save the PS3 right? Well It's our turn now...

NATAL WILL SAVE THE 360!

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
SnakeEyez said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
Software-wise 360 is still way ahead. Installed bases mean nothing without attachment rates.

And that, my friends, is the true value of the 360 :

Hardcore gamers defending their gamertag on Xbox Live (less lag, less cheating, more competition, community love)
Eased development for third party partnership and quality

LOL, is this a joke or a bad attempt at trolling. Less lag - can't really say it has less lag than PS3, multiplats I've played were as lag free on the PSN as much as it was on live. less cheating - LOL search up Gears Of War 2 on youtube, you'll see alot of cheating. More competition - well, highly doubtful since there are so many xbox 360 users (worldwide) and the price has been cheap enough for parents to buy it for their kids which I'm sure lowers the competition which leads me to the your last point. Community love - Really? Community love? IDK about you but having so many people (not just kids) screaming obscenities and insulting people on live is the same as "love."

I completely agree with your first 2 points, BUT...

1) I think he meant competition as in the players are better. The 2008 MGO tournament comes to mind.

2) And as for community love, I think he meant the developers care for their fanbases. Guerrilla Games (Killzone 2) and Slant Six Games (SOCOM: Confrontation) strongly support their fanbases, even if the games didn't sell as well as Halo.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Yeah well it was bound to happen, but still a great effort from the Xbox 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

ps3 will outsell the 360 in europe this holiday season by alot and by the time gt5 hits europe 360 will never catch the ps3 in europe.

Why are people saying natal is 360 answer to outsell ps3 where ps3 has they motion controller comming to and dont forget how much wii owners will adopt to a ps3 and play motion games in hd it will be big in japan for sure but dont no about eu or na.

Around the Network

i bet ps3 will never pass 360 in america.

That all depends how long the 360 and ps3 lives if the 360 lives for 6 years and ps3 10 which one would of sold the most in na?

mickill2 said:
Why are people saying natal is 360 answer to outsell ps3 where ps3 has they motion controller comming to and dont forget how much wii owners will adopt to a ps3 and play motion games in hd it will be big in japan for sure but dont no about eu or na.

No, PS3 with wand is no Wii HD. PS3 has no Mario. I doubt many Wii owners will migrate to PS3. They will wait for the real Wii HD for more Mario games. Sony is doing something right. I like how they go back and forth in EU with MS though; competition is great.

Reasonable said:
Looking at UK the 360 has a 1.4 Million lead with a lifetime to market lead of over 12 months, so it's probably going to hold the UK to a draw over time, but I'd hardly say it dominates. Going by the numbers it slightly outsold the 360 despite having a drop while the 360 saw a rise (probably due to ODST) so I think the UK is actually closer than it seems.

I should note I do consider the time to market factor important and not something to just ignore.

Why is the time on market relevant when the consoles don't appear to be following the typical lifecycle.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Reasonable said:
Looking at UK the 360 has a 1.4 Million lead with a lifetime to market lead of over 12 months, so it's probably going to hold the UK to a draw over time, but I'd hardly say it dominates. Going by the numbers it slightly outsold the 360 despite having a drop while the 360 saw a rise (probably due to ODST) so I think the UK is actually closer than it seems.

I should note I do consider the time to market factor important and not something to just ignore.

Why is the time on market relevant when the consoles don't appear to be following the typical lifecycle.

Why isn't it?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...