By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 OVERTAKES xbox 360 in Europe... AGAIN!

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=------&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=40076&end=40083&weekly=1 

PS3: 9,932,942 units

360: 9,894,499 units

So the PS3 retakes the HD sales crown in Europe. The PS3 is now selling roughly 90K a week, where as the 360 is selling roughly 50K a week. Going into November and the holiday season, the PS3 should be about 200K ahead in Europe.

So how long before the PS3 outsells the 360 in the whole of 'Others'? Or do you think it will not happen, and the 360 can even take back Europe?

Personally I think that is it for Europe. Microsofts responce will be NATAL and a price drop next year. By that time the PS3 will be so far ahead it won't make the ground back. 

The PS3 should take 'Others' by early 2010.

Around the Network

Yeah, it seems like 360 has lost its ground on Europe completely.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Wow it actually happened again? Europe has been pretty tight between 360 and PS3 this generation. I'm sure MS will find a way to re-gain their sales momentum there.

Now let's see if some of the gap in America can be erased.

The thing is, Microsoft have no way to cut prices for at least another year. They had two price cuts in Europe last year. And they just had to increase the price of the arcade model by £30 in the UK.

Software-wise 360 is still way ahead. Installed bases mean nothing without attachment rates.

And that, my friends, is the true value of the 360 :

Hardcore gamers defending their gamertag on Xbox Live (less lag, less cheating, more competition, community love)
Eased development for third party partnership and quality

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network

It was only a matter of time. Sony will not loose number one place no more over here.

Gh0st4lifE said:
Software-wise 360 is still way ahead. Installed bases mean nothing without attachment rates.

Hardcore gamers defending their gamertag on Xbox Live (less lag, less cheating, more competition, community love)

lol....what?

Gh0st4lifE said:

Have another look at the attach rates in Europe again.

I dont know for the future

but about the present, to be quick : that was quick lol

Time to Work !

Well, at least 360 got UK, the biggest europeen market with most profit as a market there.