By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will FLY past 30 MILLION this year 100%

It'll definitely pass 30 million. The new price point and FF XIII in Japan will ensure that.

Around the Network

yes, it will succed to pass 30M.

It must, onlye 5M behind with little more than 3 months and the strongs period upcoming, so.

good for sony company

If it carrys on selling 1million units up until End of November, it will need to sell 3million units in December to hit 30million. To help sales before new year we have Uncharted 2, RC:ACIT, NGS2, God of War Compilition and Final Fantasy 13.

Next year before the fiscal year ends we have God of War3, possible Yakuza3 in the west, GT5 and nearing the end of the fiscal year, we have the motion controllers.

Looks like Sony have postponed GT5 on purpose to give another boost in sales before the end of the fiscal year. It may not have had the same impact had they released GT5 for xams!

Can the ps3 sell another 5million units between jan01 and end of March? Hmmm I say if they carry on as they are, then hell yes!

It looks good for 30 but I'm still hoping for 31-32 just so my prediction numbers won't look so bad.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

Im calling it now.

Xbox 360 lead over PS3 will be -> 2-3M by the start of the next Fiscal Year

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

5.45 million units in 3 months, I don't know about that. That's 419,000 per week. Not saying it can't be done but the only week the PS3 has even reached 400,000 was the price drop week I think. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

And yes I know theres a Christmas boost but still.

Chairman-Mao said:
5.45 million units in 3 months, I don't know about that. That's 419,000 per week. Not saying it can't be done but the only week the PS3 has even reached 400,000 was the price drop week I think. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

And yes I know theres a Christmas boost but still.

So are you saying that the 360's holiday 2008 will be greater then the PS3's holiday 2009?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Going by your analysis, it is indeed possible.

I can see it happening pretty easily.