By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 reach 30m units by the end of 09?

plus isnt ff13 coming out before the ed of the year in japan? That will help there to won't it?

Around the Network
PhillyPhan321 said:
plus isnt ff13 coming out before the ed of the year in japan? That will help there to won't it?

I believe it will.

I don't know how much hardware it'll move, but, I think it should sell quite a few PS3's.

5 million in two months.

Really?

..Really?

If PS3 has the exact same Christmas season, from this point on, as the 360 had last year, then the PS3 will reach 30 million or be damn close to it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

yes it will
Uncharted 2
ff13
and MW2
will all move a lot of units.

Around the Network

Last year from 20 september till 27 december

Wii sold: 10.81
360 sold: 5.72
ps3 sold: 3.79

to reach 30 million ps3 needs 5.45 million more.

29-30 on Jan. 1st, 2010

If you take into account that the PS3 has traditionally matched or beaten 360 numbers from the previous year, then we're looking at over 6 million consoles sold before year ends.

Hmm... I predict that yes, the PS3 will do it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

CGI-Quality said:

28-28.5mill tops. 30 mill by Mar 2010!

Edit: Now of course if PS3 keeps "shocking us" with these numbers, I think 30mill isn't too far out of question by Jan 1, 2010.

If it does, it can happen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

after it reaches 30 mill when the year ends..I want all of you haters to admit your uneducated predictions that purely based on one's hate towards superior system. peace....Alan Wake looks goooooooooooooooodd