By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAMESPOT or IGN? which site gives better game reviews other than these?

Aion said:
IGN is way better. Gamespot reviews are to stupid.

How so?

Around the Network
NicholasCage said:
IGN pays for exclusive reviews. That's why they review much earlier than others.

REALLY i dont know this before that they pay for exclusive reviews. is there is any other site who pays for reviews

Whichever website rated my favorite console's most recent "AAA" exclusive higher.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I love IGN's video reviews. Also on Xbox live, they have those random Game tips, that don't help at all, but there fun to watch. :D

Has everyone forgotten the Kane & Lynch incident at Gamespot? To recap: Gamespot gets paid to rate games higher, and they're happy to do it.

Gamespot is as trustworthy as a broken watch.

Around the Network

Gamespot is better because of the pros and cons section. I find IGN is too generous with mainstream titles but way too harsh with less known titles (for example, they gave Phoenix Wright a 7.7, it is one of the best games on DS, Gamespot gave it an 8.8; 8.8 on Gamespot means better things than 8.8 on IGN. IGN essentially has a checklist of things, if the game doesn't satisfy that checklist then they score it lower even if it is fantastic. IGN doesn't rate games on how fun they are, Gamespot does.

Either way, I am not fond of either site.

In terms of which site is more popular (amount of visitors) IGN is the top site in the US, but Gamespot is, and has always been, by far the top site worldwide. This is according to alexa.com

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

IGN is my favourite, followed by EuroGamer (yes, they gave MGS4 an 8, big whoop. I actually though giving inFamous a 7 was worse. I acknowledge that neither game would appeal to EVERYONE, and besides, 8 is a great score).

GameSpot is terrible. Probably the worst (major) reviewer on the internet. They take three weeks to get the game, then write three paragraphs about it, throw in some irrelevant screenshots, and give whatever score will either:

a) Cause the most controversy, or
b) Appease the most fanboys.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

IGN, i hate Gamespot there really bias

indodude said:
Aion said:
IGN is way better. Gamespot reviews are to stupid.

How so?

Here's a reason why Gamespot is stupid..but not only stupid but sometimes biased as well.  I dont remember the exact games, but you know how they have "The Good"..and "The Bad", some games that are sequals and bring in the same gameplay/multiplayer/online etc...they'll say thats bad cause its just the same stuff.  But other times they'll say its a good thing for some games.  Like how's that work??  It could be because different reviewers but they should have an agreed standard of rating a game.

OT: IGN is better than Gamespot if i had to choose.

IGN bias is speculated

Gamespot bias is confirmed.

There you go.