By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii system update====WII menu 4.2

I think they figured out a new and much improved way of weeding out homebrew, and just forced everyone to update.

Might take longer for the 'brewers to figure a way around this one.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
My Wii's not even online anymore.

I don't understand. If it's not online, how are you playing all those cool WiiWare games? Have they released a disc compilation?!

killeryoshis said:
Kenology said:

That sexy blue glow woke me up from my beauty sleep last night.

U must've been scared

Nah, just annoyed at Nintendo for once again, sending updates at around 2-4a EST.  That bright blue light woke me up in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago when Nintendo sent a message about that Cube WiiWare game.

I guess it's karma.  I woke TWrOo up with one of my messages before, so I won't bitch too much... lol!

I hated it.

It wasted twenty minutes that could have been spent on Ocarina of Time!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I keep my Wii out of connect 24 every time I turn it off. It runs WAY to hot when I leave the yellow light on.

Around the Network

Yeah, the heat is vaguely disturbing, but it hasn't melted my Wii yet.

It *did* destroy my most trusted GC memory card, but i had a lot of fun replacing what i lost.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Yeah, the heat is vaguely disturbing, but it hasn't melted my Wii yet.

It *did* destroy my most trusted GC memory card, but i had a lot of fun replacing what i lost.

Is that why my memory card got corrupted?  I thought it was just some random failure.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

sc94597 said:
I keep my Wii out of connect 24 every time I turn it off. It runs WAY to hot when I leave the yellow light on.

I had the same problem with my Wii running too hot with Wii Connect 24 on and the console "turned off". Then, a few weeks ago, I sent my Wii in for repair and Nintendo replaced it with a brand new one. Now, there is absolutely no issue with heat. I'm hard pressed to detect a difference in temperature between when the Wii has been left in "yellow light mode" overnight versus having the console on for several hours gaming.

It seems like maybe more recent models are producing less heat ... or I just got lucky?

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Honestly for those who haven't tried the homebrew stuff, the only 3 benefits it has (other than pirating which is out right wrong) is watching DVD's (which I don't), playing imported games (which I don't) or booting games off of a HDD. My DVD drive is failing (quite obviously) and I got the HBC along with my external drive and now I can play games without having to hear a loud grinding noise.

Honestly, If I have to go back to no homebrew for New Super Mario Bros. I will. I'll also probably try to convince Nintendo to repair my system for free since I've bought so many games

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

sc94597 said:
specialops787 said:
ramuji said:
hsrob said:
I just installed this fairly large update and didn't notice anything different.

Same here; no obvious changes. (I'm not a homebrewer.)

I figured it was targeting homebrewers. but i was hoping for something exciting. pay for your games people!

Yeah because every homebrewer is a pirate right?

Yes.  Every last one of them.