By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal and Japanese Developers.

When you get paid to promote a product, you obviously aren't going to bash it.

It would be like nicole kidman bashing chanel no 5

Around the Network

does other people's imagination cry when the read these post?

i dont think so in japan they dont care about microsoft stuff only why it sell is because the jrpg that ms is getting

owner of ps3,xbox360,pc,mac,wii,ds,psp

03 honda cbr600rr

98 db8 integra sir-g

Mr_Power said:
starcraft said:
Harkins17 said:
Here Jeronimo66 goes again making topics that are usless because theyve already been posted a million times. Sure you think it will do well but thats your opinion.

And id rather a controller like Sonys wand then somethin like Natal.

You're in luck.  As of a couple of days from now Sony's wand comes free with a system that cost's just $200.

and microsofts Natal comes with a PS2 at 99$ + like what? 20? Don't be silly.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying.

The Sony Wand is little more than a glorified Wiimote.

Natal is actually something different.  It stands to reason that if Harkins just wants a Sonymote, he is better off financially getting a largely equivelant Wiimote.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Sony Wand > Project Natal

Around the Network

i suggest a experiment!

take a Japanese developer, have him sit down in front of a camera and ask him to say something negative about any given product.

my prediction:

it will still sound nice

my point:

having Japanese people talk positive is like stealing candy from a baby

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Jeronimo66 said:

So you guys are telling me Xbox 360 can't sell 5-6 million maybe more in the next 2 - 3 years in Japan.

It could. Just like the Dreamcast "could" suddenly be revived and be the top selling console of this generation.

Now, its likelyhood is another thing.

These comments amuse me.

Are you really going to knock a new motion control technology with a straight face after what the Wii did? If this was a Nintendo Natal and all these developers backed it, then the comments wouldn't be "lawl natal" it would be "awesome! I can't wait for this!"

Considering that the only sources of reliable information regarding the product are positive and encouraging, then what is with the skepticism?

I doubt if Natal make a Huge difference in the future of Xbox 360 in Japan. I think M$ will fullu integrate it into the next console, and that hardware will launch much stronger in Japan, then the previous 2 consoles.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

MontanaHatchet said:
"Project Natal will help Xbox 360 sell millions in Japan."

Lol no. It will certainly be an interesting peripheral (and a potentially successful one), but I think you and a lot of other people are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I'd have to agree Sir hatchet, NATAL will be a big groundbreaking and innovative tech to use for MS games but... it won't bless the japanese gaming market, not by a longshot.