By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal and Japanese Developers.

MS is probably giving them all a really sweet exclusive kind of deal for their Natal project, basically the old moneyhat thing, I mean, why would these japanese companies do this otherwise, MS is last place in japan.  Why would these companies be so eager to develop for a last place console, and come out praising MS as if bill gates gave them favors and anybody reading this knows what kind of favors i'm talking about heh. But, MS is fooling both themselves and us if they think that this is going to be anything of a game changer in the marketplace. It's going to run costs up too much if it's included in every 360, and if it isnt it won't be more than a blip in the events of the generation.

Eventually, I think that all 3 will have a wand kind of motion control, as the other two will, its motion control would be cheaper than the natal technology, and MS would like to be able to play games that have came out on the other two.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Jeronimo66 said:
So you guys are telling me Xbox 360 can't sell 5-6 million maybe more in the next 2 - 3 years.

It could.

I just highly doubt that Natal will sell millions in Japan

Well I am talking about Japan, and right now Xbox 360 is at 1.5 Million in Japan, selling another 3.5 million is millions more and I believe they can do even more than that by the end of the Xbox 360's life in Japan, time will tell of course.

thabigdon24 said:
MS is probably giving them all a really sweet exclusive kind of deal for their Natal project, basically the old moneyhat thing, I mean, why would these japanese companies do this otherwise, MS is last place in japan. But, MS is fooling both themselves and us if they think that this is going to be anything of a game changer in the marketplace. It's going to run costs up too much if it's included in every 360, and if it isnt it won't be more than a blip in the events of the generation.

Eventually, I think that all 3 will have a wand kind of motion control, as the other two will, its motion control would be cheaper than the natal technology, and MS would like to be able to play games that have came out on the other two.

What most of you guys fail to realize is that Microsoft just doesn't throw away money. Microsoft bought 3dv Electronics(or whatever their name is). They wouldn't have bought them if they didn't think that they could get their moneys worth out of them

Secondly you also failed to realize that Japanese companies sell games outside of Japan. Infact I believe they sell more out of Japan then they do inside. And guess what, they(Microsoft)  are doing pretty well for themselves in Pal and America.

@dister--

That is assuming that the natal thing will work out. So, how will MS make the natal project work? Seriously. What are they going to do to make this a big thing? I'm dying to know.  Will they put this in every 360 or what?  Will they try to get some big titles for this- like Sony tried to do with lair/6axis?

I wonder how many people watched the videos first before making a comment, my guess, one person so far.

Around the Network
thabigdon24 said:
@dister--

That is assuming that the natal thing will work out. So, how will MS make the natal project work? Seriously. What are they going to do to make this a big thing? I'm dying to know.

Release Natal exclusive games and bundle it with the 360s. You will also probably be seeing a large amount of advertising as we get closer ot the launch. Casuals will also be flocking to it as the next big fad

dsister44 said:
thabigdon24 said:
MS is probably giving them all a really sweet exclusive kind of deal for their Natal project, basically the old moneyhat thing, I mean, why would these japanese companies do this otherwise, MS is last place in japan. But, MS is fooling both themselves and us if they think that this is going to be anything of a game changer in the marketplace. It's going to run costs up too much if it's included in every 360, and if it isnt it won't be more than a blip in the events of the generation.

What most of you guys fail to realize is that Microsoft just doesn't throw away money. Microsoft bought 3dv Electronics(or whatever there name is). They wouldn't have bought them if they didn't think that they could get their moneys worth out of them

Secondly you also failed to realize that Japanese companies sell games outside of Japan. Infact I believe they sell more out of Japan then they do inside. And guess what, they are doing pretty well for themselves in Pal and America.

actually ur 2nd point is wrong, Japanese developers make more money in japan...even a big japanese international developer like SE makes 80% of its earnings in from its home land, and CAPCOM, SE,SEGA, KONAMI, NINTENDO, NAMCO BANDAI are the only Japanese developers that are even moderately successful in the west

Natal WILL BE successful, but c'mon man, 5-6 million in the next 2 - 3 years in Japan? That's a bit too far.

Nevermind

dsister44 said:
Xxain said:
dsister44 said:
thabigdon24 said:

What most of you guys fail to realize is that Microsoft just doesn't throw away money. Microsoft bought 3dv Electronics(or whatever there name is). They wouldn't have bought them if they didn't think that they could get their moneys worth out of them

Secondly you also failed to realize that Japanese companies sell games outside of Japan. Infact I believe they sell more out of Japan then they do inside. And guess what, they are doing pretty well for themselves in Pal and America.

actually ur 2nd point is wrong, Japanese developers make more money in japan...even a big japanese international developer like SE makes 80% of its earnings in from its home land, and CAPCOM, SE,SEGA, KONAMI, NINTENDO, NAMCO BANDAI are the only Japanese developers that are even moderately successful in the west

On the Xbox 360?

oops....i thought u were talkin in general....,damn