By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NFS:Shift Crashes at PS STORE Screen — on a 360! (WORST bug Ever?)!

NFS: Shift Crashes at PlayStation Store Screen — on a 360

Calling it "the most bug-ridden piece of code I have witnessed in recent times," one blogger writes of his frustration when the game crashes on a PlayStation Store loading screen. Well, here's your problem: He has the Xbox 360 version.

"This could be the most embarrassing fail of all," posits enigmax at Freakbits.

When navigating menus today while connected to Xbox Live the game suddenly crashed again. When my rage had subsided and I got a better look at the screen, I was pretty shocked at what I saw.

Was my Xbox 360 version of Need for Speed Shift really trying to access the Playstation Store? Microsoft are not going to be happy about this.

Is the console really trying to get to the PlayStation Store? Or is it just stray code left over? Either are plenty embarrassing, of course, as that's a Sony logo in a Microsoft game version.

I don't have Need for Speed: Shift, so I can't replicate what he's talking about. If any reader comes across anything that confirms this bug or indicates it's fixed, please do email me or comment below and I'll update up here.

Meantime I've emailed the EA contact for NFS to ask WTF. If I hear anything, it too will be updated here.

http://kotaku.com/5368824/nfs-shift-crashes-at-playstation-store-screen---on-a-360

This i SOOOOOO HILARIOUS!

T3H CELL IS INVADING XBOX 360 GAMES CONFIRMED?!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

It's like the game on Live that had the PS3 instruction manual... but even better!

Win!

;] But why message EA? They should've just posted it and let it create a massacre!

Around the Network

ET calling home.

Haha that's funny!

I believe the developers are... Monkeys Inc!

thats when you know a company did a cheap port

mM

This is why PSN is free so I'm guessing?