By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article : Pachter's Wii HD is a REALITY - it's the PS3 -- Agree/Disagree?

Oh wow.

This is actually the first I have seen of it that close.

It looks terrible with that ball on the end. It looks bad in general. At least the Wiimote looks like a remote as soon as you see it.

My sister just saw it as we speak, and she said "why are you looking at a flashlight"? It looks like something inappropriate as well. Geez, that ball looks like it could break off at the slightest drop too.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Xxain said:

u might want to go back and re-read my post...wat does this prove?

It proves the Wii wasn't treated as a joke before it launched.

Didn't you think the Wii had heavy and intelligent marketing to get people's interest? People went crazy over the Wii before it launched.

@Staude: I'm not sure what the prices are like there, but I'll take the consoles' top two markets, US & UK:

Wiimote + Nunchuck: $60, or £47

DualShock 3: $55, or £40

Generally they're close in price (though the DS3 has recently been easier to find cheaper).

@Alterego-X: Haha, good one.

c0rd said:
Xxain said:

u might want to go back and re-read my post...wat does this prove?

It proves the Wii wasn't treated as a joke before it launched.

Didn't you think the Wii had heavy and intelligent marketing to get people's interest? People went crazy over the Wii before it launched.

@Staude: I'm not sure what the prices are like there, but I'll take the consoles' top two markets, US & UK:

Wiimote + Nunchuck: $60, or £47

DualShock 3: $55, or £40

Generally they're close in price (though the DS3 has recently been easier to find cheaper).

@Alterego-X: Haha, good one.

No....see you didnt comprehend...when the Wii was announced it was treated as a joke and deemed a failure to the point the ppl all over considered ot doomed on arrival but thanks to Nintendoes marketing strategy it was able to topple those theories and turned the joke on us...SONY wand is being treated in a similar way and thats the connection to my post.

@savior - its not suppose to be a remote...its actually a wand, and design is good minus the ball...just house it SONY

Onyxmeth said:

I don't get this wand thing. How does it work exactly? It just seems to me to be the equivalent of just the Wiimote, which just doesn't cut it for a large majority of the games that are on the PS3. Am I missing something here?

does the same and a bit more.

the wand have accelerometers, like the wiimote and gyroscope (the ball).

and the camera. the camera tracks the gyroscopio and uses the data from the accelerometer and gyroscope to get a 1-1 motion movement.

but since it's a camera, it does thing like face recognition, headtracking, and voice recognition with ps3 eye 4  mic array.

Staude said:
Onyxmeth said:
Staude said:
2 wands..

each with an analogue.

No nunchuck...

2 full wands. If they did that it'd be perfect :p

The investment would likely be too large. 2 wands for single player games? We're talking $60-80 easily. 4 wands for a two player game? 8 wands for a four player game? No, as cool as it would be, I don't think it's a realistic solution, although it might work for a few select titles.

A wii mote and a nunchuck is practically the price of two dualshock 3s. If people have no problems buying that they should have no problems buying two wands.

No, you are wrong on that.

Wii Remote = $40

Nunchuk = $20

Dualshock 3 = $55

Of course, there are deals out there, but these are the MSRPs.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Oh wow.

This is actually the first I have seen of it that close.

It looks terrible with that ball on the end. It looks bad in general. At least the Wiimote looks like a remote as soon as you see it.

My sister just saw it as we speak, and she said "why are you looking at a flashlight"? It looks like something inappropriate as well. Geez, that ball looks like it could break off at the slightest drop too.

It's so ugly I almost like it!     

It looks like a crossbreed between an ice cream and a dildo, but it could be an alien gadget from "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" too.    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The original prototype they had for the break-apart controller is better than the idea of holding the Dualshock in one hand and the wand in the other.

I find it interesting that this prototype looks quite similar to the wand, as it has the big ball at the end as well.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

theRepublic said:
Staude said:
Onyxmeth said:
Staude said:
2 wands..

each with an analogue.

No nunchuck...

2 full wands. If they did that it'd be perfect :p

The investment would likely be too large. 2 wands for single player games? We're talking $60-80 easily. 4 wands for a two player game? 8 wands for a four player game? No, as cool as it would be, I don't think it's a realistic solution, although it might work for a few select titles.

A wii mote and a nunchuck is practically the price of two dualshock 3s. If people have no problems buying that they should have no problems buying two wands.

No, you are wrong on that.

Wii Remote = $40

Nunchuk = $20

Dualshock 3 = $55

Of course, there are deals out there, but these are the MSRPs.

yeah i can get the dualshock 3 for 45$ on amazon.

Staude said:
Gabriel84 said:
Is this a joke? Can I play Mario Kart on PS3.

Stop these PS3 nonsense pls...

modnation racers. Mariokart with full customization level editor and more realistic car handling.

Yeah, and will probably only get 1/10th of Mario Kart Wii's sales (if that). 

Funny how you know the vehicles have more realistic handling without even playing it, but I... yeah.

Kenology said:
Staude said:
Gabriel84 said:
Is this a joke? Can I play Mario Kart on PS3.

Stop these PS3 nonsense pls...

modnation racers. Mariokart with full customization level editor and more realistic car handling.

Yeah, and will probably only get 1/10th of Mario Kart Wii's sales (if that). 

Funny how you know the vehicles have more realistic handling without even playing it, but I... yeah.

better don't comment yet, it can turn other way and be better than mario kart.

and yes it's possible.