By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article : Pachter's Wii HD is a REALITY - it's the PS3 -- Agree/Disagree?

So hes saying...

The PS Mote is a Wii mote? 

So he is confirmed what iv been saying all along,PS Mote = Wii mote knock off (im not trolling being honest here)

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

I don't get this wand thing. How does it work exactly? It just seems to me to be the equivalent of just the Wiimote, which just doesn't cut it for a large majority of the games that are on the PS3. Am I missing something here?

Yes. It has a coloured orb on the end.

OT: I never really thought about it that way. BECAUSE THAT IS A STUPID WAY TO THINK ABOUT IT. The PS3 is not a Wii, and never wiil bii (lol). Having motion controls and being in HD does not make it an HD Wii. No consumer is going to think "Hey, there's a Wii for $200, but there's a Sony console which is a Wii in HD (!) for just $300! I think I'll buy that!"

But then, very few consumers would think "Hey, there's a Wii for $200, but there's a Wii HD for just $300! I think I'll buy that!"

To summarise, Pachter is wrong. Again.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Pachter is very annoying

Onyxmeth said:
Staude said:
2 wands..

each with an analogue.

No nunchuck...

2 full wands. If they did that it'd be perfect :p

The investment would likely be too large. 2 wands for single player games? We're talking $60-80 easily. 4 wands for a two player game? 8 wands for a four player game? No, as cool as it would be, I don't think it's a realistic solution, although it might work for a few select titles.

A wii mote and a nunchuck is practically the price of two dualshock 3s. If people have no problems buying that they should have no problems buying two wands.

Check out my game about moles ^

Please oh please stop with the "it looks dated" and the "Its looks great in HD"..  wii fit=23mil non HD, Mario kart wii, I lost count, non HD, Mario galaxy, Smash Bro. Brawl, Nintendogs, Brain age ALL NON HD!!  Even the "I played this already HD games" combined sells on those HD machines meant swat. Top selling NON HD series this gen?  Activition's "Guitar Hero"  Guess what?  NON HD.  Last I count the gap World wide sales, Nintendo still ahead NON HD by 25 mil. HD is like Blue Ray, "Over rated".  Nice to have but dont really need it.  HD rules = Hard Drives!!!  HD rules = Holo Decks!! When it comes to my girlfriend HD rules = Hard D...!!  lol

Around the Network
Staude said:
Onyxmeth said:
Staude said:
2 wands..

each with an analogue.

No nunchuck...

The investment would likely be too large. 2 wands for single player games? We're talking $60-80 easily. 4 wands for a two player game? 8 wands for a four player game? No, as cool as it would be, I don't think it's a realistic solution, although it might work for a few select titles.

A wii mote and a nunchuck is practically the price of two dualshock 3s. If people have no problems buying that they should have no problems buying two wands.

but u need the Wii-mote, SONY has to convince us we need the wands( though im sold)

So people saying Nintendo doesn't need to make a Wii HD were right: because Ninty simply had Sony making it!
If we add that Nintendo doesn't need to make faulty units because MS already makes them, the result is that Nintendo pwns MS and Sony! What next? TEH WORLD!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

More bullshit from Pachter. This guy doesn't deserve a thread on this board.

Gabriel84 said:
Is this a joke? Can I play Mario Kart on PS3.

Stop these PS3 nonsense pls...

modnation racers. Mariokart with full customization level editor and more realistic car handling.

Xxain said:
Staude said:
Onyxmeth said:
Staude said:
2 wands..

each with an analogue.

No nunchuck...

but u need the Wii-mote, SONY has to convince us we need the wands( though im sold)

well i'm just talkin price right now :p