By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I'm playing Vagrant Story.

Wait a second, Vagrant Story was difficult? O_o

Hell, I used to play it over and over again just for fun, not to mention farming for Holy Win Blades and Elixers. Crafting weapons and armors is also great. Damascus items FTW!

@Khuutra

Where are you up to now? Isn't the storyline wonderful?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Also do not forget, Vagrant Story was one hell of a beautiful looking PS1 title. It looks even better with PS2/PS3 smoothing and upscaling.

That is one game that has aged wonderfully.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

Hell, I used to play it over and over again just for fun, not to mention farming for Holy Win Blades and Elixers. Crafting weapons and armors is also great. Damascus items FTW!

@Khuutra

I do agree that ... VS is not as difficut as some people are claiming ...

Time to Work !

Euphoria14 said:

Also do not forget, Vagrant Story was one hell of a beautiful looking PS1 title. It looks even better with PS2/PS3 smoothing and upscaling.

I m not so sure about this one ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Euphoria14 said:

@Khuutra

I do agree that ... VS is not as difficut as some people are claiming ...

Maybe they just suck?

I know some points in the game were pretty hard, like the optional dungeons, but nothing a bit of farming, crafting and leveling up couldn't fix.

I am going to play this game again once I am done with Demon's Souls. Maybe i'll play it before Demon's Souls releases...

I got it! I'll just play it on my PSP.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I know some points in the game were pretty hard, like the optional dungeons, but nothing a bit of farming, crafting and leveling up couldn't fix.

Maybe there are people who don't like doing the same things over and over for hours at a time so they can progress.

libellule said:
Euphoria14 said:

I m not so sure about this one ...

Well I am.

Currently playing:

Words Of Wisdom said:
Euphoria14 said:

Maybe there are people who don't like doing the same things over and over for hours at a time so they can progress.

Have you even played Vagrant Story? O_o

When I said that it meant nothing close to what you just said right there. Nothing requires hours of grinding. Crafting new weapons/armor is a normal part of the game. If someone stops for a moment when they enter a craft shop they can just do a couple of mixes and come out much stronger equipped then they were a few minutes before.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Euphoria14 said:

Have you even played Vagrant Story? O_o

When I said that it meant nothing close to what you just said right there. Nothing requires hours of grinding. Crafting new weapons/armor is a normal part of the game. If someone stops for a moment when they enter a craft shop they can just do a couple of mixes and come out much stronger equipped then they were a few minutes before.

Isn't it obvious?  Of course I haven't playe Vagrant Story.  Otherwise I'd actually be able to help Khuutra out with useful advice.

I just hate responses to RPG questions when they're basically "Level up more" or "Do more XYZ" because that smells of grinding to me and I hate grinding.  Your post reeked of it and the stuff above talking about requiring the player to build weapon affinities does as well.  I mean, basically Khuutra needs to go build a Phantom/Dragon or Dragon/Evil affinity weapon and to do so he has to go around killing those type enemies with it over and over.  Exciting stuff.

I started playing it, but after a while I stopped because I got tired of using a complex battle system to kill bats. Parasite Eve was bit similar too, but that one's story was engaging since the beginning, while in VS it was a bit slow IMO. However, I also stopped playing it. PE's problem was the location of the save points, which were just the worst I have ever seen!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!