By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

I agree with this article entirely...always thought that. This is why I don't own a Wii. SMG and Metroid Prime no matter how good aren't worth buying a coneole for, end of.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

the problem is a lot of people are taking this as if IGN posted it as an official editorial or news post.

This is someone who has reviewed Wii games as I understand it. Yes, that is a very big issue with IGN. More over, this is an opinion posted directly on IGN's site which instantly associates them together giving the illusion of severe anti-Wii bias. It is as good as posted on IGN as far as the court of public opinion is concerned. At best it was incredibly stupid for him to post such an ignorant, and ill thought rant, and at worst it was stupid for IGN higher ups to allow him to use their website to voice such an opinion.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Clearly you didn't actually pay attention to what he wrote. I'll point out a few.

"Yesterday at TGS, Nintendo finally announced the inevitable: the Nintendo Wii is now $199. And the response to that, of course, is "who cares?" "

Note he wrote "the response", not "my response" If you think that isn't important, you clearly don't try to infer what people mean by certain words. The latter is speaking for people OTHER than himself. That is not an opinion.

"On my Facebook last night, I wrote a status update about how the Wii is now only priced about $100 more than it's actually worth to the consumer. I think this is true not only based on its incredibly outdated tech and overall backwards-as-hell design, but also due to the fact that not a single, solitary game worth truly noting has come out in nearly two years. And that, my friends, is pathetic."

"outdated" shows that he thinks spec size is all that matters, and not the actual parts, which include GDDR3 RAM, which didn't even exist when the GC was made. That isn't an opinon. That's claiming a fact.

"to the consumer" There is no way in hell that is just about him or what he thinks. That is clearly speaking for people other than him. If he doesn't mean that, then his words are piss poor, and it's not my fault for thinking it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Boy. The kitchensink is making a fortune in VG$.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Okay, I've been asking for quite a while if this was a public blog or an official blog.

Why is that important? Because I'm going by the assumption it's the latter.

Since no one thought to answer that for me, I went over and clicked on the link.

It's a public blog.

Why the hell weren't you people using that as a defense for it? Why?

It's not about "right to opinions" in this case. It's about credibility.

Unless you want us to argue, and thus make him seem more credible. I notice a lot here are claiming the comments are largely in agreement with him, while "forgetting" to mention just as many don't agree with him.

So it seems you aren't defending his opinion. You're pretending it's the right opinion, which is why you are ignoring the parts that cross the line from opinion to claims.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Clearly you didn't actually pay attention to what he wrote. I'll point out a few.

"Yesterday at TGS, Nintendo finally announced the inevitable: the Nintendo Wii is now $199. And the response to that, of course, is "who cares?" "

Note he wrote "the response", not "my response" If you think that isn't important, you clearly don't try to infer what people mean by certain words. The latter is speaking for people OTHER than himself. That is not an opinion.

"On my Facebook last night, I wrote a status update about how the Wii is now only priced about $100 more than it's actually worth to the consumer. I think this is true not only based on its incredibly outdated tech and overall backwards-as-hell design, but also due to the fact that not a single, solitary game worth truly noting has come out in nearly two years. And that, my friends, is pathetic."

"outdated" shows that he thinks spec size is all that matters, and not the actual parts, which include GDDR3 RAM, which didn't even exist when the GC was made. That isn't an opinon. That's claiming a fact.

"to the consumer" There is no way in hell that is just about him or what he thinks. That is clearly speaking for people other than him. If he doesn't mean that, then his words are piss poor, and it's not my fault for thinking it.

Red- I have seen hardly any news at all on them officially lowering it. Infact, im not even sure WE ran a news story on them officially lowering it. The only news we had has been about rumors in Toy's R Us or wherever. Actual attention on the matter has been sparse for some odd reason.

Blue- Read the purple bit. HE thinks. HIS opinion.

Green- As i have said, a large number of people agree with him on that matter. And that large number of people are consumers.

"I think this is true not only based on its incredibly outdated tech"

No, that's is not an opinion. That is an opinion based on a dubious premise. There is a difference. If you have an opinion, and you find the reason for your opinion is false, you don't get to stay entitled to your opinion, because it's now based on incorrect data, and so is his.

"I have seen hardly any news at all on them officially lowering it"

This proves you didn't actually read what he wrote. He LINKED to the announcement at the start of it.

LordTheNightKnight said:

No, that's is not an opinion. That is an opinion based on a dubious premise. There is a difference. If you have an opinion, and you find the reason for your opinion is false, you don't get to stay entitled to your opinion, because it's now based on incorrect data, and so is his.

This proves you didn't actually read what he wrote. He LINKED to the announcement at the start of it.

Red- Contradiction? An opinion in an opinion, no matter how much you try to twist it.

Bold, Underlined + Green- Read it.

doh!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

KylieDog said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

See it yet?

No, you see the bolded, italicized, and underlined part. That is what is he basing "I think" on.

It's the factual claim that I am calling him on there. "I think" is the result. I'm calling on his basis for it. Did you even read my comment I put underneath there?

This is the full context of your comment:

"Red- I have seen hardly any news at all on them officially lowering it. Infact, im not even sure WE ran a news story on them officially lowering it. The only news we had has been about rumors in Toy's R Us or wherever. Actual attention on the matter has been sparse for some odd reason."

How does that relate to what he wrote?