By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

What the heck, this thread is still alive? No, please no...

Edit:

Funny (and sad) thing is that when we see this kind of stuff written about PS3 or 360 instead, the Wii fanboys will say that that opinion is valid and they will surely agree with it, while the PS3/360 fanboys will do what the Wii fanboys did in this thread....It's part of the Fanboy war cycle.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"So every time the guy writes something he should now put "In my opinion" to stop a bunch of screaming Wii fans biting his face off?"

Not just that. It's because if he doesn't put those words there, it shows he thinks those claims are objectively true, not personally true. Then he's truly not giving just a simple opinion. He's claiming facts that are not substantiated by even the most harsh game reviewers.

"I ask you, why do you even care?"

That some of you don't get why this is a bad thing. He's not giving his opinion. He's airing his delusions as fact, using "opinion" as a shield for it.

Does he need to put those words there? No he doesn't. If i write a news article about a game that looks amazing, i wont say "In my opinion, this game has some amazing graphics" Il just straight up say it does as it's my piece of work.

People have different writing styles, if he doesn't write that it's his opinion, it doesn't mean it ISNT his opinion.

Red- People agree with him. It's a bad thing in YOUR opinion. But to other people what he says is true, read the thread or read the comments in his blog and you will see that.

It is his opinion that no good games have come out on Wii, just like the guy from NIN. It's Trent's opinion that the PS1 and PS2 both never had any games with good gameplay (just graphics). Most reasonable people would say they're both full of crap when you look at it without letting your bias get in the way, but they both talk about general ideas of quality, which are an opinion in the end.

"Does he need to put those words there? No he doesn't. If i write a news article about a game that looks amazing, i wont say "In my opinion, this game has some amazing graphics" Il just straight up say it does as it's my piece of work."

You clearly didn't read where I stated what leaving those words out meant. Hint: I wasn't discussing the writing style.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh, and he's making actual factual claims to back up his "opinion", many of which are dubious. That shows this is just fanboy crud making up stuff to make himself feel as though what he thinks is legit.

Not that he thinks it's legit for him, but legit period. That's why this isn't an opinion. He's refusing to acknowledge that other gamers like won't agree with this view.

That's the difference between "the games since then aren't worthwhile for me" and "no worthwhile games since 2007". The latter is written as a fact, not an opinion.

That isn't my opinion. That's reading comprehension.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
Torillian said:

It is his opinion that no good games have come out on Wii, just like the guy from NIN. It's Trent's opinion that the PS1 and PS2 both never had any games with good gameplay (just graphics). Most reasonable people would say they're both full of crap when you look at it without letting your bias get in the way, but they both talk about general ideas of quality, which are an opinion in the end.

I don't think fanboys like opinions because they can't prove them wrong...

"In your opinion he is."

No, he isn't because the way he wrote it shows it isn't. There are ways people write that show how they think. If you don't believe me, then you take it up with psychologists, not me.

What you THINK it means. How do you read someones mind through an internet blog, care to share your secret?

Like i said, its HIS blog and HE is the one writing it. He doesn't have to add "IMO" to everything he says to appease a few people. Unless you have actual proof it isn't his opinion apart from "he didn't rite IMO", then you really can't have a rant against what he says apart from saying that you think he's wrong.

forest-spirit said:
Torillian said:

I don't think fanboys like opinions because they can't prove them wrong...

That pretty much sums up the thread.

That guy is something else.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089