By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

Viper1 said:
Carl2291 said:
Why do you people even care?

He is some random guy on a blog, saying he dislikes Nintendo's approach with the Wii, and that there hasn't been a worthwhile game released for ages.

A number of people have agreed with him, even Nintendo fans.

No need in making it sound like he's pissed on your kids just because you disagree with him. You wont change the guys opinion.

He's an IGN editor.

Works on the Guides channel, database and their TV channel.

Doesn't he also pick the "Editor's Choice" games?

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Kenology said:
amp316 said:
I don't agree with a lot of it, but the man's entitled to his opinion. I just question IGN publishing something from a blog. Are their writer's too scared to write something like this themselves if this is the way that they feel?

It's just scary that, if this is the general sentiment going around IGN, the review scores will reflect it.  I'm glad Daemon is off the Nintendo team - it's not hard to see why he scored ToS2 a 6.7 after his little Wii-hate tyraid.

It's not hard to see why he would score ToS2 a 6.7 regardless of who he is.  That's a score perfectly within reason.

I don't think so at all.

Kenology said:
Torillian said:
Kenology said:
amp316 said:
I don't agree with a lot of it, but the man's entitled to his opinion. I just question IGN publishing something from a blog. Are their writer's too scared to write something like this themselves if this is the way that they feel?

It's just scary that, if this is the general sentiment going around IGN, the review scores will reflect it.  I'm glad Daemon is off the Nintendo team - it's not hard to see why he scored ToS2 a 6.7 after his little Wii-hate tyraid.

It's not hard to see why he would score ToS2 a 6.7 regardless of who he is.  That's a score perfectly within reason.

I don't think so at all.

It averaged at 69 on Metacritic... 6.7 seems very reasonable.

snyperdud said:
Besides Madworld, I'd have to agree with the article.

As a consumer, I don't really see any games that really push me to get a Wii in the last two years, or even it's lifetime. I don't think the Wii is a bad console, but it's software lineup isn't for me.

Same here. The last game I bought was no more heroes. 06 through early 08 the Wii had some epic titles like Galaxy and TP and brawl. Nowadays, what big name games are there? There's nothing that just screams "wow i'd be stupid to miss out on this game"

Well... everyone is entitled to their opinion but from what I've seen there have been way less games that have interested me on the other consoles in the same time span. Sure there were a few games that I would definitely enjoy on them but I wouldn't have as large of game collection during the same time period as I've amassed on my Wii. This guy seems to be influenced by what others opinions are and is just repeating the same crap to come across as being "cool".

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Why do you people even care?

He is some random guy on a blog, saying he dislikes Nintendo's approach with the Wii, and that there hasn't been a worthwhile game released for ages.

A number of people have agreed with him, even Nintendo fans.

No need in making it sound like he's pissed on your kids just because you disagree with him. You wont change the guys opinion.

^This!

"and that there hasn't been a worthwhile game released for ages."

That is not an opinion. That's claiming a fact. And opinion would not word it that way. Not just the claim, but the entire article.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"and that there hasn't been a worthwhile game released for ages."

That is not an opinion. That's claiming a fact. And opinion would not word it that way. Not just the claim, but the entire article.

So every time the guy writes something he should now put "In my opinion" to stop a bunch of screaming Wii fans biting his face off?

Its HIS blog, HE is writing it. HE can write whatever he likes. If that's his writing style, so what?

I ask you, why do you even care?

"So every time the guy writes something he should now put "In my opinion" to stop a bunch of screaming Wii fans biting his face off?"

Not just that. It's because if he doesn't put those words there, it shows he thinks those claims are objectively true, not personally true. Then he's truly not giving just a simple opinion. He's claiming facts that are not substantiated by even the most harsh game reviewers.

"I ask you, why do you even care?"

That some of you don't get why this is a bad thing. He's not giving his opinion. He's airing his delusions as fact, using "opinion" as a shield for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Carl2291 said:

I ask you, why do you even care?

I write this earlier but:

Pointless Top 10 articles from recognized Site/Magazine = Lots of posts

Info about a sequel of a hyped game wich essentially is the same game that we played last year = Lots of posts

Editor/Writer/Representative of this industry bashing a console = Site exploites.