By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

hanafuda said:
'So much promise. So little of it actually delivered.'.

This.

It's pretty poor that arguably the most creative, unique, and original Wii experience is Wii Fit.

Very few third parties have the balls to try and give us anything new, despite Nintendo claiming that the platform is a haven for experimentation due to the so called low dev costs. Then Nintendo contradict themselves by churning out endless sequels to established franchises.

The platform has become a contradiction as the casuals aren't interested in creativity, and the 'gamer' audience simply isn't there.

What do you mean by the last sentence?  It seems to imply that it is only 'gamers' who are interested in creativity, but we know that isn't true.  Just look at all the sequels out there and how difficult it is for new IPs.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Well, that's not true. The last Wii game worth buying was in April 2008. The next one will be Galaxy 2 or Other M, whichever comes out first.

Wrong, the last game was WSR and the next is NSMB.

Do people not pay attention to the sales?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

Wrong, the last game was WSR and the next is NSMB.

Do people not pay attention to the sales?

People pay attention to the games types/brands they like or get hyped. Gaming has becoming one of the most narrow minded hobbies these days.

It is obvious that no console could ever go 2 years without a "worthwhile" game.

Even the worst of the worst had several great games a year, if the console lasted more than ~2 years.

I think by worthwhile, he means the genres that have dominated this generation, and that is Shooters/Sports/and maybe some Open-World games. The Wii doesn't have premier Shooters or open-world games, so the "hardly-core" users hate it. However, if you look at EVERY OTHER genre, the Wii has got you covered.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
It is obvious that no console could ever go 2 years without a "worthwhile" game.

Even the worst of the worst had several great games a year, if the console lasted more than ~2 years.

I think by worthwhile, he means the genres that have dominated this generation, and that is Shooters/Sports/and maybe some Open-World games. The Wii doesn't have premier Shooters or open-world games, so the "hardly-core" users hate it. However, if you look at EVERY OTHER genre, the Wii has got you covered.

I'd argue that anyone who likes sports games will probably like the Wii a lot, especially since Motion+. Racing sims, on the other hand...

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I totally agree. I don't know why people are being so sensitive about this...maybe because deep down you know it's true? Outside of Smash Bros and possibly Muramasa the Wii hasn't really drawn me to its library. I have all consoles and right now the PS3 and 360 are fighting for the number 1 spot. Followed by the DS followed by the PSP followed by My Car followed by My Girl followed by Finding a better job followed by School and then the Wii. It's just there.

I don't get the hate this man gets for writing a frickin opinion piece. What he's saying is true. Nintendo's First Party studios suck when compared to the NES-SNES-N64-Gamecube eras. They frickin suck when compared to their old selves. It even seems they don't even give a rats ass anymore because casual gamers will just end up buying crap any way.

And really Nintendo sees no need right now to improve it's first party offerings because they're making enough money to not care. I wonder what would the sales be for Nintendo next gen if they come in last? how big would the distance be between them and 2nd and 1st. Ill tell you this right now if Ninty comes in last next gen they won't even past Gamecube numbers

Ill-founded opinions deserve to be criticized. It's not necessarily that he has the opinion, it's that he's being an ass about it. Overgeneralizations, faulty logic, however you want to put it. Opinions can be bad. I could be of the opinion that Judaism is pure evil, and people wouldn't let me get away with having that opinion

And how exactly are Nintendo's studios worse? Their output is fewer, but their output is generally better than it's ever been. Fire Emblem and Main series Mario are at the top of their respective games (and genres, i should say), their studios have put out two games that completely redefined gaming, Mario Kart Wii is far and away the best selling out of the old series, Retro Studios continues to pour out amazing experiences, though Zelda team is untested as of yet. Brawl outpaced Melee

The only thing Nintendo needs is more studios, but the one's they have are basically better than they've been at least in the past two generations.

Let it go, man. You've got better things to do with your weekend than argue with some newcomer.

How the fuck am I a newcomer? I think I left the newcomer when I was active on this site for a year or when my post count passed a 1000. Don't try and discredit my opinion because I may have signed up a bit later then you. That in itself is just completely ignorant and fucking foolish on your part.

And if this was 07 and a blog piece titled PS3 has no games except for Uncharted. I would agree because outside of 3 games PS3 had nothing in 2007 I remember because i spent most of my time between uncharted and my ps2 library. The fact that Wii fans would result to using someones post credit as a means to ignore their opinion really says something doesn't it? 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

noname2200 said:
SaviorX said:

I'd argue that anyone who likes sports games will probably like the Wii a lot, especially since Motion+. Racing sims, on the other hand...

Racing sims are not apparent, but racing in general is, in a major way.

From personal experience, I have found racing sims in the likes of Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo to be very boring and tedious, but that is just me. So as a Wii owner, I don't care of their absence.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ShadowSoldier said:

How the fuck am I a newcomer? I think I left the newcomer when I was active on this site for a year or when my post count passed a 1000. Don't try and discredit my opinion because I may have signed up a bit later then you. That in itself is just completely ignorant and fucking foolish on your part.

And if this was 07 and a blog piece titled PS3 has no games except for Uncharted. I would agree because outside of 3 games PS3 had nothing in 2007 I remember because i spent most of my time between uncharted and my ps2 library. The fact that Wii fans would result to using someones post credit as a means to ignore their opinion really says something doesn't it? 

Huh, you have been around for a while. Never noticed you before.

i dont get how this can still continue.

so nintendo doesnt care about thier core gamers at all. now that people are buying wii sport resort, but soon they will be flockin in their millions to the next casual game like sin and punishment 2, span smasher and Other M. and if nintendo is abandoning its core fans by not making new star fox or f ero, then why isnt sony abandoning their fans because they havnt released sly cooper or Jak and Daxter

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

He has the same smug expression in that pic as Stuttering Craig of Screwattack, and that guy is known to be such a jerk that Handsome Tom left the site.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs