By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2009 sales? 2007 and 2008 here for comparison....

kowenicki said:
@kantor

thats daft

Of course the PS2 will sell less this christmas. Probably just under half.

I'm not saying it won't sell less, of course it will. I just don't see why any other console would "steal" its sales to gain an advantage.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
@slimebeats

if wii is as you say then you see total sales being down by 20% YOY... nope not going to happen. No ps2 this year slime.

It will happen. 5 mill tops. Wii is slumping, it's current sales are down 40% or so. Price cut will only increase that by 20% or so, so the net effect will be minus 20% YoY in Dec.

Wots PS2 has to do with anything btw? Its still out there for $99 but it doesnt compete with nobody.

you misunderstand... the ps2 sold lots last year... it wont this year.  so if the wii is as you say then the total sales will be down 20% at least.

Well, up the Xbox to 2.75 mill and Slim to 3.75 then. Happy? 

Wii - 7.2 mil
PS3 - 2.8 mil
360 - 2.4 mil

EDIT:

Kow what on Earth r u talking about total console sales down 20% YoY with my numbers?

U show in your chart Wii + PS360 as total 11.2 mill in Dec 2008.

If I say Wii 5 mill, X360 2.5 mill, Ps3 3.5 mill = 11 mill. Thats not down anywhere near 20%. And PS2 has not much to do with anything.

The 360 shouldn't drop too much, after all we have the same Arcade but cheaper Premium prices. The PS3 should be up by 50% or so but would be so much bigger with the Gran Turismo in December. FFXIII is releasing late in December so it won't contribute much to the world wide number.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@kantor

they have to go somewhere... and if recent ps2 purchases have been budget purchases then it makes sense they will migrate to the next cheapest option doesnt it?

Anyone on a budget who bought the PS2 last year would surely also buy the PS2 this year, right?

It's not like the PS2 was discontinued, the only reason PS2 sales will fall is because it's nine years old now, and people will want to buy a newer console, if they can. If they are saving money, they would still go for the PS2.

Besides, it's likely to give the Wii more of a boost- you're forgetting that the Wii and 360 are the same price now.

kowenicki said:
@slkimebeast

11m

13% on that figure.

anyway stop fishing... lol. stick to your own numbers. show some back bone man!

LOL!

I always do.

2.5 mill 3.5 mill 5 mill it is.

kowenicki said:
@slkimebeast

11m

13% on that figure.

anyway stop fishing... lol. stick to your own numbers. show some back bone man!

Have you ever spelt Slimebeast's name correctly? Try and get an "x" in there next time.

kowenicki said:
@kantor

I have a PA at the office...

Whats a 'PA'? The Palestinian Authority?

x360 - 2 mln.
Wii - 4 mln.
PS3 - 5 mln.

+-500k.