By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 10 mln. or PS3 5 mln. in Japan. Who first?

I say it depends on were the ps3 will end up/stabilize, if it drops back under 25k or 30k even then the wii definately, wii fit plus may move hardware.

mM
Around the Network
ioi said:
ZorroX said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 28th Sep 2008 to 28th Mar 2009:

Console Wii PS3 X360 PSP DS PS2
Japan

And in March PS3 is getting Gran Turismo 5, another possible big hardware pusher. Unless this year sales will increase by a lot thanks to pricecuts of both consoles,

my call is still PS3.

Huh? Wii sold 450k more - what does that prove?

Wii will have a much stronger holiday this year than in 2008 (in Japan especially). PS3 will obviously be up as well, but aside from Final Fantasy XIII doesn't have anything else that big for the remainder of the year (Tekken 6, Bayonetta etc will do ok).

In the same way Wii doesn't have anything big except new Mario that could do big hardware boost.

I'll place my faith in PS3 reaching it's goal first.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I would say Wii. It's the same number of sales left, and after the boost wears off, the Wii will probably outsell the PS3 in Japan until FF13 releases.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I think the price cut and NSMB will give the Wii the boost it needs to get to 10 million before the PS3 hits 5 million.

I think people are sleeping on the Crystal Bearers boost as well. The game comes out two weeks before NSMB Wii.

This is an easy question with a easy answer. Ofcourse Wii will get to 10M first and NSMBWii should be able to do it on its own..With the Price Cut I expect Wii at 10.5M - 11M by the time PS3 reaches 5M.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
ioi said:
ZorroX said:

Japan

And in March PS3 is getting Gran Turismo 5, another possible big hardware pusher. Unless this year sales will increase by a lot thanks to pricecuts of both consoles,

my call is still PS3.

Wii will have a much stronger holiday this year than in 2008 (in Japan especially). PS3 will obviously be up as well, but aside from Final Fantasy XIII doesn't have anything else that big for the remainder of the year (Tekken 6, Bayonetta etc will do ok).

In the same way Wii doesn't have anything big except new Mario that could do big hardware boost.

Tales of Graces was just announced for December.

Latest news: Tales of Graces to be released in Japan in December. I think that will move some additional Wiis.

As much as i love my PS3 and want it to do well in Japan i think the Wii will get to 10 million before the PS3 reaches 5 million, purely down to the price-cut and NSMB... The PS3 won't be long behind, thanks to FFXIII

Zlejedi said:
ioi said:
ZorroX said:

Japan

my call is still PS3.

You're forgetting about mario & sonic at the winter olympic games which if gets bundled will look tempting.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

PS3 first...