By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What if Halo ODST doesnt shift hardware?

Well, you never can tell. I think you could argue that many people bought a PS2 specifically because of Guitar Hero (maybe not a massive day 1 spike, but continued momentum, at least). And that was released in Year 6.

Around the Network

Same-console sequel. I don't think it will shift much hardware at all.

Neither will Forza 3, for the same reason. Also, Forza isn't really a big series.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

People keep posting this stuff, like the 360 is in trouble. it's not folks, give it a rest and play some games

I guess I'm an odd ball then. I just bought the Elite with ODST last night. After playing firefight with my roommates, I had to buy the game and the console. We played for 3 hours strait last night. Now just have to mail in the info for the $50 rebate.

CaptDS9E said:
People keep posting this stuff, like the 360 is in trouble. it's not folks, give it a rest and play some games

Nobody said that. The 360's holiday is looking very healthy.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Bladeforce said:
It was just a thought I had about being 4 years old and beginning to think apart from Microsoft giving their consoles away there's nothing much else to push units. It seems to me the next Microsoft console will be a lot closer than we think

They're putting their hopes on Natal at the moment. If it flops, then Microsoft will have no choice but to include Blu Ray drives in their 360's.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CaptDS9E said:

The OP questioned whether ODST would likely shift HW, most people feel it won't, for fair and clear reasons, including the guy who runs this site and follows the trends, nobody is going '360 doomed' - so what's the issue?  You can't handle any view on 360 that isn't massively positive? Should we say ODST will shift loads of HW when it probably won't?

This is a site tracking sales, so this is a pretty common form of discussion here.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
CaptDS9E said:

The OP questioned whether ODST would likely shift HW, most people feel it won't, for fair and clear reasons, including the guy who runs this site and follows the trends, nobody is going '360 doomed' - so what's the issue?  You can't handle any view on 360 that isn't massively positive? Should we say ODST will shift loads of HW when it probably won't?

This is a site tracking sales, so this is a pretty common form of discussion here.

It's one thing if this was the first post on the topic. It's another when people post threads about the same topic a dozen times. And impying that I'm a fanboy by saying "You can't handle any view on 360 that isn't massively positive?"  shows you have not seen any of my other posts.

CaptDS9E said:
Reasonable said:
CaptDS9E said:

It's one thing if this was the first post on the topic. It's another when people post threads about the same topic a dozen times. And impying that I'm a fanboy by saying "You can't handle any view on 360 that isn't massively positive?"  shows you have not seen any of my other posts.

Why not be clear, then?  Jumping into a completely civil thread, and one with the site owner's own thoughts, slamming the thread doesn't give me a good impression of your posting approach.

Also, while there are loads of rubbish threads bashing 360, PS3, etc sales, this one seems pretty sensible, no?  Just a query as to whether ODST will sell HW or not and what that might mean for the 360.

I'd suggest next time simply noting that this topic exists in other threads and perhaps comments should be directed there.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Final Fantasy XIII will...