By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Fighting genre needs a revival!!!

NSS7 said:
@Pineapple

Actulally fighting games is bigger than RPG. NDS make all differnece.

No, even without NDS, RPG > Fighting.

However, with consoles only, Fighting games have a slight edge. However, there appears to be more potentially high-selling RPGs left than Fighters, so I'd call them equal.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
What do you mean? SFIV, BB, KoF etc all released this year. Fightning games revival is already happening.

Zlejedi nailed it. As a fighting game fan, I'm glad to see I have options for once. I still haven't picked up BlazeBlue or KOFXII. Although, I don't see myself picking up KOFXII. It seems lacking in for a KOF game despite the 2D Hi Def visuals.

Slimebeast said:
Fighting games still have basically the same old-fashioned game-mechanic of the 80's Arcades. It's a primitive genre, and there's not much you can do in fighting games xcept for smash buttons. I find them boring. It's a genre that will slowly keep fading and eventually vanish.

Quite an arrogant post there.A true gamer knows there is skilled required in every game genre.

GamerOhaLAA said:

I've been a real big fan of the fighting genre of games ever since i was a young kid. With games like Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat the fighting genre was it for me. But in recent years most people lean toward the RPG and Shooter genre way more than Fighting and fighter tend to sell less and seem less significant than an RPG or Shooter. Why do you think this is? Is it cause the fighting genre lost its fire or does it seem to suck more now. I for sure think its still great judging by Soul Calibur 4 and SF4. Give me your take on this plz

Where have you've been this is one of the greatest years for fighters in a long time.

kirballs1 said:
Slimebeast said:
Fighting games still have basically the same old-fashioned game-mechanic of the 80's Arcades. It's a primitive genre, and there's not much you can do in fighting games xcept for smash buttons. I find them boring. It's a genre that will slowly keep fading and eventually vanish.

Quite an arrogant post there.A true gamer knows there is skilled required in every game genre.

I didnt question the skills.

Even Tetris requires skills, but it's still true that Tetris is a primitive game where only buttons will be smashed.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
kirballs1 said:
Slimebeast said:

I didnt question the skills.

Even Tetris requires skills, but it's still true that Tetris is a primitive game where only buttons will be smashed.

WHAT????????!???!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure it does. The fighting mechanic is almost the same as in the beginning of the genre, only the graphics are getting better and now there´s online. There´s no room to further improve fighting games.

ruimartiniman said:
Sure it does. The fighting mechanic is almost the same as in the beginning of the genre, only the graphics are getting better and now there´s online. There´s no room to further improve fighting games.

What makes you thinking those games need improvement in mechanics or that fanbase of them wants any changes ? The only thing that needs improvement is getting as lag free online experience as technically possible.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
ruimartiniman said:

What makes you thinking those games need improvement in mechanics or that fanbase of them wants any changes ? The only thing that needs improvement is getting as lag free online experience as technically possible.

I think there is an audience feeling left out in the cold by most current fighting games and their general complexity, while the audience for traditional fighting games is unable to grow because of the lack of the arcade scene. Smash Bros. proves this by having an easier barrier for entry and reaping the rewards. Even if we take half the sales away to account for the all-star roster, we still have the best selling fighter this gen by far.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

We need a Soul-Calibur VS Final Fantasy or something.