By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which should I buy? A PS3 or XBOX 360?

PS3 = exclusives + bluray + reliability + Wifi + free online
XBOX = 50% failure rate + Halo + Gears

Period

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Barozi said:

I don't see the problem. I can import banned games from other countries. Or is it because of too high shipping costs ?

And yeah they apparently patched the KZ2 controls, but I wouldn't recommend it at all to gamers with basically no Dual-Analog FPS experience. It feels very akward for me even though I played at least 100 shooters on consoles, so it must be a nightmare for anyone else.

I never play dual-analog FPS games and I love KZ2. I think it is really a matter of preferences and how much you've played others only seems to matter if you are stuck in your ways or you like to hop between shooters often and can't deal with relearning the controls.

I like to do headshots and that's almost impossible with KZ2's controls. Overall the controls are fine, but when you zoom in it becomes atrocious.

I don't think you could go wrong either way. I would just set some money aside and see which console gathers the best deal this holiday season and pick it up. There's really no need to have a big hoopla over which console is better. Both are practically interchangeable.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I don't think you could go wrong either way. I would just set some money aside and see which console gathers the best deal this holiday season and pick it up. There's really no need to have a big hoopla over which console is better. Both are practically interchangeable.

I somehow have the feeling that you're a fan of American Football......

You mentioned 2 Exclusives for PS3 and only 1 for 360.
You mentioned 2 Features for PS3 That were available from the systems launch [Free Online, Bluray] and only one feature for the 360 which isn't here yet and we're not sure how things will turn out for it [Natal].

I think you should go with the PSTriple. That's just my thoughts though.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Onyxmeth said:

I live in America. Putting "American" in front of Football is redundant. However yes, I do, and out of my last five games played, only one is an exclusive, putting more oomph behind my point.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Just look at all the features and decide which system is best for you.

When I had to choose between a PS3 and 360, here are the factors that influenced my decision:

1) Console reliability. If I can't play it 10 years from now, why even buy it? Sony has learned a lot about hardware reliability with their last two systems, whereas 360 failure rates were being reported to be anywhere from 10% to 60% (at the time I researched it). Anecdotal evidence also pointed to every one of my friends having owned a defunct 360 at the time. PS3 was a clear winner in this category, although I was a little more uneasy about the warranty (then again, I also knew the 3-year 360 warranty wouldn't be honored anymore at some point in time).

2) Cost. I could've easily afforded a 360 then and now, but I chose to wait for a PS3 because I knew that, over time, a PS3 would cost less thanks to free internet. To be honest, I almost bought a 360 just because I could've enjoyed it immediately, but I'm not quite that impulsive.

3) Teh games. For the most part, I'm a single-player gamer when it comes to consoles. I like beating a game and putting it down for a while, and I lose interest in multiplayer games quickly. The 360 is a social platform that revolves around online, whereas the PS3 is a little less social... but you still have the option to play online if you want (which I do from time to time).

As such, the PS3's exclusives are perfect for me. Valkyria Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, inFamous, and Uncharted all have excellent single-player experiences, in my opinion. Future games fall under this umbrella too, such as God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 (Forza is more of a community racing sim IMO), The Last Guardian, and Heavy Rain. Once again, PS3 won this category for me.

4) Features. Extra features were a bit of an afterthought for me, to be honest. I wanted to use Blu-Ray but I knew the movies were too pricey for my tastes, wifi wasn't necessary... just more convenient, and I didn't own a PSP so PSP-PS3 connectivity wasn't a part of my decision.

The biggest reasons the PS3 won this category for me is because I knew that eventually I'd want to use Blu-Ray for my movie experience, that I'd want to expand my hard drive so I could store my movies on the PS3 for easy access (I have every Disney DVD I own converted to .avi and on my PS3), and because of the added convenience from wifi.

Those are my reasons, but yours may be completely different. Perhaps you don't use your PC for your multiplayer needs like I do (Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Red Alert 2, and sometimes an MMO). Maybe you want a stronger online community to interact with. Maybe you don't care as much about console reliability as I do and a 3-year warranty is enough. I don't know, but I hope you make the right choice for you, because I ****ing love my PS3 and am SO glad I chose it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Onyxmeth said:
Barozi said:
Onyxmeth said:

I live in America. Putting "American" in front of Football is redundant. However yes, I do, and out of my last five games played, only one is an exclusive, putting more oomph behind my point.

I know, but it goes against my understanding of football, so I had to add it.

Heavenly_King said:
UNCHARTED2
MGS4
KILLZONE2
GOD OF WARIIII
BETTER JRPG (Not the BETAS)
HEAVY RAIN
RATCHET & CLANK
RESISTANCE
GRAN TURISMO 5
InFAMOUS

Get a PS3

This guy should have convinced you to buy a X360.

get a ps3, way more reliable, bluray, wifi, internet browser, true 1080p, not upscaling like 360, i have both ps3 and 360, but if i could only have one, hands down ps3,  infamous, drakes fortune1, uncharted 2, killzone 2, little big planet, res 1 and 2,  god of war 1,2 and 3, MAG, ratchett and clank, heavy rain, final fantacy 14, dantes inferno, gt5,  these are all great ps3 exclusives, 360 has halo, i bought the new odst its good, but im really getting board with halo, its all the same, enemies, guns , everything 4 games the same, 360 has gears of war, good game, all in all i think the ps3 has the better games, better graphics, you will see games looking better and better with ps3, 360 close to maxed out, also with some of these games you will have 3-4 discs with 360 , ps3 you have 1. psn is just as good as live, i have both and use them daily, and psn is free, it sucks to pay for internet twice. natal, is not going too be that big for fps, and adventure games, so i could care less about project natal. if anyone felt like i was trolling , sorry not trying to, this is just my opinion, if you dont agree, its cool, to each is own, really if you a true gamer you need both systems, because both have great games, if you could only have one, this is my opinion, good luck