By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ridiculous IGN FIFA 2010 review.

Barozi said:
hsrob said:
zexen_lowe said:
-ku- said:
It's funny how we're assuming PES is going to be better , being the complaint of the Author, when PES has only been better than FIFA once or twice in it's life time.

Second Konami always screws up features for could be amazing games or god games (MGS4 online being an example)

Whaaaaa???

We can argue 2008 and 2009 (I still think that PES 2009 is much better than Fifa 09, at least PC versions), but I think everyone accepts it as a fact that PES owned Fifa in all the PS2 iterations

I'll second that "whaaaaaa?".  Fifa has always had it over PES in presentation and style, but has nearly always played the poorer game according to the vast majority of people who know anything about, play or like football. There may have been several years in the last ten where FIFA got close enough to make it a contest but prior to 2008 i don't think FIFA was ever  the better game.

FIFA 98 and FIFA 99 were pretty good.

Yeah, so was 2003 somewhat. Still, the first PES was released on 2001, before it was ISS (never tried it).

I don't think anyone can argue the suckiness of games like Fifa 2004 and 2005...boy, those have to be the some of the worst football games ever made

Around the Network

lol at you PES fanboys.
FIFA10 is the best football game in history, i believe it has a chance to became the first fifa AAA title.

Thank you EA, thank you very match!!!!!!

Hyruken said:
perpride said:
They could give PES 2010 a 0 out of 10 and I'd still buy it over FIFA any day of the week.

And you would be the only one to lose out by doing that :)

Konami are happy im sure that you would buy whatever they put out. As someone else said, will the last person to leave the PES house please turn the lights off after they leave, i'm guessing you might be the last one to leave ;)

& @Eliasg - Dude every single PES game absolutley destroys FIFA games. Even though the last three years have been terrible, it is still MILES AND MILS ahead of FIFA. I could care less what reviewers have to say. I'd play Winning Eleven 3 & 4 over FIFA10.

I'd honestly rather play with puke than FIFA. It is a disgrace to soccer and makes the game feel like a joke.

Neoraf said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:

I seriously don't understand how they can give it a 9.5 for Gameplay. I've played the demo and its average at best. Certainly not the most realistic football game, like they suggest. The annoying thing is, I know they are going to give PES 2010 an 8 at best :/

It is not a football game. FIFA is a soccer game.

Madden is a football game.

NO FIFA is a Football Game

MADDEN is an American Football game

Football came before American Football

Soccer doesn't exist

Soccer doesn't exist?

What is this then? Major League Soccer website

In North America (The New World), Soccer exist.

Do you have any idea what the acronym FIFA stands for?

@ perpide, seriously, with 09 and 10 FIFA has really turned the corner, you should give it a try. Though I doubt any game will come to the perfection that was PES 6 on the PS2, this game is damm good. There are still some issues, but on the whole it is brilliant

Around the Network

^ Oh I will deffinitley try it. I'm just saying, PES is on a different level. It's like comparing GT to NFS. One is a simulator, the other is arcade.

Serious question. For those of you saying that PES is still better than Fifa (since 08 and 09 ie PS3 and X360). Are you playing Fifa on PC?

If so I think that is the problem. The PC version is still the same as all the old ones. PS3 and X360 Fifa are easily the best football games in existence.

-ku- said:
It's funny how we're assuming PES is going to be better , being the complaint of the Author, when PES has only been better than FIFA once or twice in it's life time.

Second Konami always screws up features for could be amazing games or god games (MGS4 online being an example)

What what what

FIFA 06 is the best football/soocer game in respect to game/year

then comes 04 and 03 being better to their rivals

Leaving PES at a TIE in my mind for 05

and better in 07 and 08 because EA got creavtive too much.

Don't forget FIFA is made by brits the same people that invented footbal while PES is made by Japanese who really just got into this game in the last decade...

Who would I trust more?

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

-ku- said:
-ku- said:

What what what

FIFA 06 is the best football/soocer game in respect to game/year

then comes 04 and 03 being better to their rivals

Leaving PES at a TIE in my mind for 05

and better in 07 and 08 because EA got creavtive too much.

Don't forget FIFA is made by brits the same people that invented footbal while PES is made by Japanese who really just got into this game in the last decade...

Who would I trust more?

OK, that tells me everything I needed to know. Let me break your bubble, FIFA is made by EA Canada

Another thing IGN actually appear in PES as sponsors on the boardings so if anything they are normally pro PES.

On the reviews right now it is at 92%+ on metacritic, one of the highest rated sports games ever.

I guess they all must be wrong right?

As i said previously im a huge PES fan but fifa 09 and 10 are far better then the last 2 PES's.
Konami have struggled this gen with PES so i think it is time they took it away for a year or so like EA did and just work on it from scratch. They need to stop making it a yearly game because since it has been it has been pants.