By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Brand new Forza 3 demo SCREENSHOTS!

CGI-Quality said:
Well, here's my take:

- No, having played the demo, it doesn't look as good as the early screenshots
- It does looks significantly better than Forza 2
- I still don't think it beats GT5:P or PGR4 visually, they have better reflections on the cars and it looks they have a higher polygon count on the cars.
- It looks better than Need For Speed Shift.
- The environments are gorgeous, very detailed and open!
- The gameplay was MUCH better than it's predecessor

Verdict: 8.5/10 and probably a future purchase, I enjoyed the driving in this!

I totally agree CGI^

You know how much I wanted this game, I was always sticking up for it against GT5 and up until today really thought it was going to be better looking than GT5 but after playing the demo I can honestly say the graphics didn't impress me, yes the track detail is superb.

Let me make a few examples going off the demo I have been playing today along with PGR 4 and DiRT 2 all of which I have been playing for the last few weeks (specially DiRT 2, completed it today):

• PGR4 looks better than Forza 3 overall and has a more "Real" feel to it.
  • DiRT 2 graphics are better than Forza 3, DiRT 2's draw distances, shadows and reflections are out of this world as are it's track and car detail, I haven't seen anything in the Forza 3 demo that looks better than DiRT 2.
  • Forza 3 runs better than DiRT 2, DiRT 2 runs at 30FPS so is not silky smooth like forza's 60FPS
  • DiRT 2's replays are MUCH better than Forza's
  • DiRT 2's damage is light years ahead of Forza's
  • GT5 does indeed look much better than Forza 3.

I honestly HATE saying it but i'm not impressed with the Forza 3 demo at all, I REALLY hope the final game is a later build or something?

Around the Network

Turn 10 released a statement to confirm Demo is of an early beta build pre-polishing.....

Wouldn't that just make everyone's day?

^Hehehehehe I am kinda hoping it is at least not the finalized product put to demo form. If that be the case I don't see how they could ever even begin to call it definitive. I haven't played it yet, but if these are the finalized game's graphics I will be somewhat disappointed.

CGI-Quality said:

@ FKNetwork: Don't sweat it man, the demo isn't as bad as people were making it sound, and besides, it could very well be an early build.

I know, just a bit depressing really as I was (still am I think) soooo looking forward to this game for ages, felt like a lifetime, it's like imagining heavy rain being very poor graphics CGI, how would you feel lol.

Anyway......

For anyone that wants to see the damage and rewind feature in Forza 3, not my video and not great quality but you get the idea:

FKNetwork said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, here's my take:

- No, having played the demo, it doesn't look as good as the early screenshots
- It does looks significantly better than Forza 2
- I still don't think it beats GT5:P or PGR4 visually, they have better reflections on the cars and it looks they have a higher polygon count on the cars.
- It looks better than Need For Speed Shift.
- The environments are gorgeous, very detailed and open!
- The gameplay was MUCH better than it's predecessor

Verdict: 8.5/10 and probably a future purchase, I enjoyed the driving in this!

I totally agree CGI^

You know how much I wanted this game, I was always sticking up for it against GT5 and up until today really thought it was going to be better looking than GT5 but after playing the demo I can honestly say the graphics didn't impress me, yes the track detail is superb.

Let me make a few examples going off the demo I have been playing today along with PGR 4 and DiRT 2 all of which I have been playing for the last few weeks (specially DiRT 2, completed it today):

• PGR4 looks better than Forza 3 overall and has a more "Real" feel to it.
  • DiRT 2 graphics are better than Forza 3, DiRT 2's draw distances, shadows and reflections are out of this world as are it's track and car detail, I haven't seen anything in the Forza 3 demo that looks better than DiRT 2.
  • Forza 3 runs better than DiRT 2, DiRT 2 runs at 30FPS so is not silky smooth like forza's 60FPS
  • DiRT 2's replays are MUCH better than Forza's
  • DiRT 2's damage is light years ahead of Forza's
  • GT5 does indeed look much better than Forza 3.

I honestly HATE saying it but i'm not impressed with the Forza 3 demo at all, I REALLY hope the final game is a later build or something?

i would have to disagree with pgr4 > forza 3 grafically.

pgr4 is 30fps, the entire game is far less in scope which has to be taken in consideration when talking grafix, pgr4 may look more bright and vibrant its an arcade racer after all, but forza tries to look more realistic and must get the nod as being better.

does forza 3 cockpit view include rear detail when you look back? ie seats and rear windows? i wanna have a go on demo but il have to wait a few more days.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:

I know, just a bit depressing really as I was (still am I think) soooo looking forward to this game for ages, felt like a lifetime, it's like imagining heavy rain being very poor graphics CGI, how would you feel lol.

Anyway......

For anyone that wants to see the damage and rewind feature in Forza 3, not my video and not great quality but you get the idea:

I noticed the front end collision scratches the rear of the car..

Is it a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

Skeeuk said:

does forza 3 cockpit view include rear detail when you look back? ie seats and rear windows? i wanna have a go on demo but il have to wait a few more days.

No, you just get a "bumper" type of view, not sure the proper name, but you just see the track behind you, no car interior.

The graphics look pretty good.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Wow. Some of those pictures look horrible. I'm definetely dissapointed in what I'm seeing, but I'll d/l the demo tonight and see what it looks like in action before becoming too dissapointed.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Slimebeast said:

Wow, I actually believed the game would look like those old "screenshots", looks like I was too naive.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957