By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

robjoh said: Well Scandinavia is getting a late push, with free games and BR movies, the price has gone down to. Some stores is also giving away PS3 for free when you buy a full HD set. So I guess we will se somewhat good sales, but preorder hystery is quit low. If we can belive the fan boys, the PS3 hysteri is quit low in Great britan to: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk[/quote] Haven't most retailers reported they are seeing a lot more pre-orders than they have gotten for any other system...

Around the Network

I dont think that there is as many Ebay fools in Europe as it were in USA. The ps3 cost much more here in Europe compared to the rest of the world. I know many people whu have bought ps3 in USA/Japan. Of course some people is going to try sell the console but generally its going to be a very small group. But we will see how its going to be as Sony fan I believe that 70% av alla consoles will be sold the first week.

Well demand in my area of the uk is high going by pre orders in local shops ive spoken to between 70-90% of stock has already been pre ordered. On amazon.co.uk it looks like this on the top 100 sold items: 1.Sony PlayStation 3 Console 2.SIXAXIS Wireless Controller 3.Resistance: Fall of Man 4.MotorStorm 7.HMDI Cable V1.3 (PS3) 11.Formula One Championship Edition 15.Call of Duty 3 (PS3) 20.Controller Charging Dock (PS3) 23.Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) 37.Virtua Fighter 5 41.Ridge Racer 7 47.Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) 51.Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) 54.Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) 72.Vertical Stand with USB Hub 82.Blazing Angels (PS3) 84.PS2 Memory Card Adaptor (PS3) 88.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3) 89.Gran Turismo 5 93.HD Component Cable (PS3) 95.Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS3) Then on play.com the second largest online video game retailer in the uk the top 40 selling items look like this: 2.Sony Black Sixaxis Controller 3.Sony Playstation 3 4.Sony Blu-ray Remote Control For PS3 7.MotorStorm 9.Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) 10.Resistance: Fall Of Man 25.Formula One Championship Edition 28.Call Of Duty 3 (PS3) 34.Virtua Fighter 5

blowfish said: Well demand in my area of the uk is high going by pre orders in local shops ive spoken to between 70-90% of stock has already been pre ordered. On amazon.co.uk it looks like this on the top 100 sold items: 1.Sony PlayStation 3 Console 2.SIXAXIS Wireless Controller 3.Resistance: Fall of Man 4.MotorStorm 7.HMDI Cable V1.3 (PS3) 11.Formula One Championship Edition 15.Call of Duty 3 (PS3) 20.Controller Charging Dock (PS3) 23.Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) 37.Virtua Fighter 5 41.Ridge Racer 7 47.Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) 51.Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (PS3) 54.Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) 72.Vertical Stand with USB Hub 82.Blazing Angels (PS3) 84.PS2 Memory Card Adaptor (PS3) 88.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3) 89.Gran Turismo 5 93.HD Component Cable (PS3) 95.Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS3) Then on play.com the second largest online video game retailer in the uk the top 40 selling items look like this: 2.Sony Black Sixaxis Controller 3.Sony Playstation 3 4.Sony Blu-ray Remote Control For PS3 7.MotorStorm 9.Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) 10.Resistance: Fall Of Man 25.Formula One Championship Edition 28.Call Of Duty 3 (PS3) 34.Virtua Fighter 5
UK charts are dominated by Ps3!!! good sign for SONY PLAY did say that ps3 was the most pre-ordered console in UK GAME today at GIbiz said that ps3 launch is much stronger than Wii. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23714

Stromprophet said: robjoh said: Well Scandinavia is getting a late push, with free games and BR movies, the price has gone down to. Some stores is also giving away PS3 for free when you buy a full HD set. So I guess we will se somewhat good sales, but preorder hystery is quit low. If we can belive the fan boys, the PS3 hysteri is quit low in Great britan to: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk Haven't most retailers reported they are seeing a lot more pre-orders than they have gotten for any other system...
As I said, if we should belive the fanboys...the site I posted is clearly against PS3 Well I don't know think that initial sales should be ok. If they can keep it up PS3 might not be as doomed as I thought ;) BUT they clearly need to make some progress in Japan and USA if they are going to win this round. So far I aren't impressed in this areas. Hmm just surfed into to my favorit game site. They have posted this under PS3: Playstation 3 Basenhet - Black 60GB Release-bundle •OBS! Webhallen har basenheter så det räcker och blir över! Translates to: Webhallen has enough consols and more than that. So hmm either webhallen has gotten a large share of PS3 or they aren't selling. BUT on the same time it is leading pre booking.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

HappySqurriel said: Does anyone know that there are 1 Million PS3 systems released on day one in Europe? I remember reading that there was going to be "1 Million PS3 systems in the launch window" but I have not seen any confirmation on how many there would be on launch day.
Sony won't have fallen short on the their estimates, these consoles were shipped to Europe 4 weeks ago. Also, the PS3 has been top of the amazon.co.uk charts for about 1 month, I think that's got be a lot of sales, I also know that Woolworths, Play and Game have said that they have had unprecendented demand.

add me

Europe will probably have a bigger PS3 sellthough on launch day than the US or Japan had just because supply will be larger. If it approaches the 600k+ mark on day one I think a lot of people will have to rethink their predictions about Sony this gen. That would mean it would come relatively close to what total Japanese total sales after 4 months day 1 in Europe. If Sony wins any market it's going to be Europe. Last gen Sony was pretty much synonymous with video games over there until recently when Nintendo has taken a little steam away from them with the DS and the Wii.

The PS3 is going on sale midnight at my Media markt in Holland (known in germany and netherlands), ill go tease them sony fanboys. maybe i'll even smash one PS3 if i feel like :D on a more serious note, they said to me they had 250 pre-orders and only 25-50 (they didnt want to say me exact amount :(() were preordered. sucks to be working at Sony now i guess.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said: The PS3 is going on sale midnight at my Media markt in Holland (known in germany and netherlands), ill go tease them sony fanboys. maybe i'll even smash one PS3 if i feel like :D on a more serious note, they said to me they had 250 pre-orders and only 25-50 (they didnt want to say me exact amount :(() were preordered. sucks to be working at Sony now i guess.
read this:- http://ps3.qj.net/Anna-Macario-PS3-launch-is-the-best-and-strongest-evar-/pg/49/aid/87034 http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE ......i think SONY shares would reach 60 by the end of this month. PAL PS3 launch should give them a mega boost.

44k of 50k is pre-ordered in my country the netherlands. Compare that to the Wii launch 8k and the Xbox360 launch 10k and you could come to a conclusion that Sony is still hot here.

^^it aint much, if it aint dutch^^