By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Monster Hunter tri outsell FFXIII in Japan?

No, not even close. FFXIII should outsell MH3 within the first week, perhaps even day one, and has a good chance of doubling the sales of MH3 lifetime.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Take my love, take my land..

THREAD NECROMANCY!!!

First of all, I have to admit that I was wrong here. FFXIII sold a lot more than I (or Famitsu predicted) So some crow to be eaten by me.

However, there is no crow to be eaten by me in terms of my monster hunter predictions. Being as I was predicting FFXIII to hit 1.5M and said that MHtri could be "very close" then that would be approx 1.3-1.4 M sales. It's currently on 1.03 M selling over 1k a week. If it can keep up 1k sales for 27 weeks it hits the low end of what you all called me mad for, 37 weeks for the high end and 47 weeks to equal what I was expecting for FFXIII.

Additionally, I would like to hand out partial crow to those who said that MHtri wouldn't hit a million, despite, as Soriku had already pointed out, the fact that it had already shipped 1 million, and thus sell through eventually was guarenteed

Congratulations must go to those who accurately predicted that FFXIII would outsell MHtri first week

however, the biggest piece of crow goes to Leoj - NSMB:wii shall soon hit double the sales of FF:XIII, and this most recent week sold nearly 50 times as much as FFXIII! Although this is mitigated by him predicting higher sales for FFXIII than Famitsu

So some good and some bad from everyone

didnt FFXIII in japan sell 1.9 milion?

scottie said:
THREAD NECROMANCY!!!

First of all, I have to admit that I was wrong here. FFXIII sold a lot more than I (or Famitsu predicted) So some crow to be eaten by me.

However, there is no crow to be eaten by me in terms of my monster hunter predictions. Being as I was predicting FFXIII to hit 1.5M and said that MHtri could be "very close" then that would be approx 1.3-1.4 M sales. It's currently on 1.03 M selling over 1k a week. If it can keep up 1k sales for 27 weeks it hits the low end of what you all called me mad for, 37 weeks for the high end and 47 weeks to equal what I was expecting for FFXIII.

You might want to check that math again.

Around the Network

lol @ OP Its nowhere near close!

But your brave to necro a thread like this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yakuzaice said:
scottie said:
THREAD NECROMANCY!!!

You might want to check that math again.

*checks maths again*

*checks maths assignment I'm currently doing again*

Shit on the first account, all hopefully ok on the second :P

you might want to add a 0 after all those numbers of weeks - see you again in a little more than 5 years when MH3 finally reaches that 1.3m at a 1k/week rate

Oh, self pwned. You couldn't even get leo-j because he retracted that particular statement.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

You wont see scottie in this thread again, he must be hiding under a rock after failing that badly at math, lol.