By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Monster Hunter tri outsell FFXIII in Japan?

First off - don't point out that FFXIII will sell a lot more worldwide, I am aware of this. Japan only.

The comparison I believe is an apt one - FFXIII is released for a higher price, MH3 is pay to play

FFXIII will be bundled with the 250 gb PS3 slim. MH3 had a few bundles with the Black Wii, classic controller etc.

FFXIII is predicted to sell 1.5 million by Famitsu

Monster hunter has currently sold 0.89 million, almost 12 000 of which was last week. It should be boosted by the Wii price cut and holidays.

My prediction = no, but it will be VERY close

Around the Network

How will it be close? MH3 is dying off already and it's not even at a million yet. It'd have to keep selling at that rate for a whole year to reach even Famitsu's low expectations for FFXIII.

MHtri will be lucky to hit a million in japan, there is no possible way that FF13 won't outsell it.

No, not even close. i'd be willing to bet with somebody on that to.

No.

New Super Mario Bros Wii will, however.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

@ Okey that is how long it would have to sell that amount for, yes. However as I said I expect a boost from the Wii price cut and the holidays.

@ Happy_man - there is no chance that MH3 won't hit 1 million in Japan. I'm sorry, there's nothing more I can say to explain why.Just wait and see.

@ seraphic - define close and I may end up taking that bet

@ claude - haha, yes it will

of course not

FFXIII will pass MH3 (and never look back) in its first week, possibly even first day. There's really no comparison.

Short version: no
Long version:

MH tri might not even reach 1 milion before FF releases.
I think more interesting topic for discussion is will FF pass it with first day/first week/first month sales.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

FFXIII will outsell MH3 LTD in the first week of sales.

On the other hand, Dragon Quest X will outsell FFXIII LTD sales in the weekend it gets released.