By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii price cut confirmed!!!!!

Garamond said:
I wanted it to stay at $250 forever.

I wanted to stay $250 'til the 360 and PS3 reached $200.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SnakeEyez said:
yungmagic09 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

As seen in sony's keynote.....

Sony confirmed the Wii's price cut?

no, nintendo announced it while Sony's keynote speech was going on, thats what Kotaku said on their live blog.

Ah, I see.

Sony: So over 8 million people have downloaded H-

Nintendo: Yo Sony, I'm real happy for you and ima let you finish, but the Nintendo Wii is the best console of all time... and it's only $200 effective September 27.

Sort of an anticlimax, after all the rumours...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

makingmusic476 said:

Nintendo: Yo Sony, I'm real happy for you and ima let you finish, but the Nintendo Wii is the best console of all time... and it's only $200 effective September 27.

I knew someone would make a Kanye West joke, I just knew it, congrats

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Ha-ha, nice!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Sales go up? I don't know. It's not a new model/$100 drop. I don't see it sky rocketing like the ps3

So is Nintendo still making an announcement on Friday?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Sony confirmed it with there keynote showing the wii at $199, shortly after nintendo officially announced it

mM

So confirmed pricedrops for America and Japan now. Guess EU may not get one but just that new bundle. We'll see I suppose. But man they did just do that right during the PS3 TGS conference. Geez talk about brutal.