By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothetically Speaking.. What would happen if FFXIII Flops?

If this fails then #15 is going to have to not only pick up the dead weight but shine by itself. Every game series has its share of flops

Around the Network

I would cry profusely and then metamorphisize into a giant paper clip.

I would rejoice because it might be a harbinger of a paradigm shift back to the great Final Fantasy games of yore.

arcane_chaos said:
well for PS3 owner, we would just turn our attention to Final Fantasy XIII Versus and pray that it's like the second-coming of Jesus.(i'm looking foward to Versus more anyway.....)

What is so good about the second-coming of Jesus anyway?

DRAGON QUEST WOULD REIGN SUPREME!!!!

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
perpride said:
Final Fantasy XIII cannot flop. Unless people in the world just seriosley don't like quality video games anymore.

Wait do you mean in terms of sales or critical acclaim? Realistically, FFXIII can't fail in either department. But assuming it would:

- JRPG's would lose their flagship franchise.
- As a result, WRPG's would reign supreme.
- People like myself would be extremely sad and probably play half as much video games.
- Square Enix would be finished.
- Finally, I would lose both of my bets against S.T.A.G.E and that would be just depressing.

I dunno.  If famitsu is right and it only sells 1.5 mil lifetime in japan i'd call that a flop.

It wouldn't be that people "don't like quality videogames" anymore.

It would just be that square missed their market.  The Japanese are all on handhelds now.

What numbers would constitute successfull in Japan, in your opinnion?

I'd jump for joy cause Wada would be taken out of power. Then I'd stop jumping, cry, and then agree with everything Perpride said.

well hypothetically speaking if this were to happen(which it wont):

1. I would start drinking..a lot of booze
2. Go on a rampage and destroy my HD consoles and all the games associated with it
3. berry the remains in my backyard
4. Start crying for a few days

and last but not least

5. Kill myself

thankfully we can all be grateful this wont be happening

Well, Square-Enix, and ONLY Square-Enix would be in deep financial trouble for their fiscal year 2009-2010.

You mean in reviews, sales, or both, because I think they're tied together.

Answer: I'd die of crying dehydration, and curse the world to hell, with my deathcurse.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.